Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › How Do I? › Lace molds for sugarveil
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lace molds for sugarveil

post #1 of 44
Thread Starter 

After seeing this beautiful wedding cake using sugarveil, I thought I'd give it a try but I don't want to spend $75 or more for the sugarveil mold.  That's a huge expense.  Has anyone used molds that are similar and much less $ and gotten the same effect?

post #2 of 44

i m also interested by your thread coloradocache,i m dying to try sugarveil but this is way too expensive for my budget!! i can t afford it!!

this cake is so amazing!!!

so ,hopefully,some great bakers from CC could help us find another way to achieve this beautiful effect.

post #3 of 44

You can use sugarveil in anything, but their mats are superior.  BUT - I don't think this is one of their mats, I don't recognize it.  It's a decent expense, but the overall look is awesome.

post #4 of 44
BUMP!
post #5 of 44
The mat in the photo is from Australia and is still pricey at $66 (Australian dollars). I was told that you can use Sugarveil with any mold but it needs to be shallow. Also, you might need to put it in the oven to set.
post #6 of 44

Does anyone know of a U.S. supplier of this particular mat?  The Australian supplier doesn't ship to the U.S.

post #7 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by All4Show View Post

Does anyone know of a U.S. supplier of this particular mat?  The Australian supplier doesn't ship to the U.S.

I Goggled the Sugar Veil Home page for you

http://www.sugarveil.com/information/sugarveil-vendors.htm

 

This link will show you all the vendors that you can source through - OR you could  email Sugar Veil direct as they do online shopping....

 

 

Bluehue

post #8 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromScratchSF View Post

You can use sugarveil in anything, but their mats are superior.  BUT - I don't think this is one of their mats, I don't recognize it.

 

icon_confused.gif  Yes, it is one of their mats... its freely available over here from the sugar veil suppliers

 

 It's a decent expense, but the overall look is awesome.  Really FS? They all sell for between 59.00 - 77.00 AUD

What price would you normally pay in USA $'s

Yes, I know to convert the dollars thumbs_up.gif

 

At the moment one Australian Dollar is buying .95 American Cents

 

Bluehue

post #9 of 44

This is the Sugarveil website.  This is the link to their mats.  Call me blind, but I don't see that mat.    

 

http://www.sugarveil.com/mat/sugarveil-mat.htm

 

It is entirely possible that there are companies making mats for use with Sugerveil now, all I was saying is it's not a "Sugarveil" brand mat based on the fact that I was just on the Sugarveil website (and just checked again) and I don't see that particular pattern.

post #10 of 44

I am actually just getting into using Sugerveil myself, if anyone can post links to 3rd party companies that make different design mats that would be rad.

post #11 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromScratchSF View Post

I am actually just getting into using Sugerveil myself, if anyone can post links to 3rd party companies that make different design mats that would be rad.

FSsf

Showing the mat that Ellawillow used...it has just come back into stock...  over here in Auatralia

http://www.cakesaroundtown.com.au/catalog/cake-decorating-supplies-sugarveil-c-1_359.html?osCsid=mvrm6im1ilr08djsc9vltgofu7

 

Bluehue

post #12 of 44

Hi Coloradocache, about 2 months ago there was a thread on here about Etsy having some lace applique molds that could be used with sugarveil. HTH

 

http://www.etsy.com/search?q=lace%20applique%20molds&view_type=gallery&ship_to=GB

post #13 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue View Post

FSsf

Showing the mat that Ellawillow used...it has just come back into stock...  over here in Auatralia

http://www.cakesaroundtown.com.au/catalog/cake-decorating-supplies-sugarveil-c-1_359.html?osCsid=mvrm6im1ilr08djsc9vltgofu7

 

Bluehue

I don't think they ship to the U.S. 

post #14 of 44

I was pretty sure it wasn't a Sugarveil Mat so I Googled until I found it on the Cakesaroundtown website.  I saw that they didn't ship to the U.S. which is why I asked if anyone knew if there was a U.S. supplier.

post #15 of 44
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: How Do I?
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › How Do I? › Lace molds for sugarveil