Vanilla Bean Cake

Baking By Bakingbat Updated 30 Dec 2019 , 3:14pm by kakeladi

Bakingbat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingbat Posted 27 Dec 2019 , 3:43pm
post #1 of 5

Hello! My sister's birthday is coming up and she's requested a vanilla bean cake. I've tried making a vanilla bean cake before and It came out very dry and kind of flavorless. So.... now I'm on the hunt for a new recipe. Does anyone know of a really good vanilla bean cake recipe? Or maybe a vanilla cake recipe where I can sub vanilla bean paste for the  extract? I've also heard of adding almond extract to a vanilla bean cake, any thoughts on that? Thanks everyone!

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Dec 2019 , 5:26pm
post #2 of 5

I take it you prefer a scratch recipe?   If you will consider using a mix I highly suggest “ the *original* WASC  recipe “ found in the recipe section of this site—Sorry I can’t link it:(   Use a French vanilla mix & add the bean paste along with all the rest of  ingredients    I gurentee a moist flavorful cake 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 28 Dec 2019 , 12:09am
post #3 of 5

Personally, I love the addition of almond to a vanilla cake, about half as much almond as vanilla.

I agree the Original WASC recipe is wonderful or you could just use the French Vanilla cake mix and add extra vanilla (and almond, if desired).

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 28 Dec 2019 , 2:42pm
post #4 of 5

I actually prefer a slight bit of citrus to my vanilla cakes...

I tend to find almond (in any flavor - extract, oil, flour, etc) as overpowering for me...

But i do agree... vanilla needs just a bit of something else to shine...  It isn't quite a notable amount, just a bit...

like chocolate needs just a smidge of coffee...

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Dec 2019 , 3:14pm
post #5 of 5

Bump 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%