House Warming Party????

Decorating By brittanyshayne Updated 13 Sep 2006 , 6:50pm by KHalstead

brittanyshayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brittanyshayne Posted 13 Feb 2006 , 3:28pm
post #1 of 14

I have to do a cake for my best friends housewarming party this weekend and I have no Idea what to do!!! She is moving into an apartment...I NEED SOME IDEAS!!
HELP!!!! icon_cry.gif

13 replies
ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 13 Feb 2006 , 4:25pm
post #2 of 14

Maybe you could do a really decadent chocolate cake with strawberries & on top tie together 2 really nice wine glasses with a pretty ribbon. That way she gets to keep the glasses as part of her present or:

I saw some really neat cakes in the gallery shaped like a bottle of wine:
Here's one that I think would be perfect for a housewarming:

It was done by TreatsbyLiz
LL

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 13 Feb 2006 , 7:12pm
post #3 of 14

Bake a sheet cake and carve/decorate to look like a wall plaque that says "Welcome to _______" and put in friends name or, "Home Sweet Home" or "A Place to Call Home". You could add fondant ribbon for the hanging part. See link below for pics. Hope this helps with ideas.

http://www.rustic-country-wood-gifts.com/signs.html

parismom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
parismom Posted 13 Feb 2006 , 7:21pm
post #4 of 14

Maybe this is cheesy, but you can make a sort of 3_D cake. If you can picture this...
A round or square cake... with another cake, rectangle shaped maybe length 4 inches, height 5 or 6 inches, width 2 inches in one of the corners. Decorate this peice as a door and add a 'welcome home' mat right outside the door. Then you can add gumpaste, buttercream, royal icing or fondant flowers by the door or something like that. I may try this one myself. It just came to me.

brittanyshayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brittanyshayne Posted 13 Feb 2006 , 7:25pm
post #5 of 14

sweetbaker, I went to that website and found the PERFECT sign...I have always been the cook when she needed something...she doesn't cook at all!!! When we went looking for her an apartment, she said "look it has a microwave, this is where all my meals will be cooked" Sooo...The sign I found says " I serve 3 meals....frozen, microwave, takeout" It suits her perfect!!!!!

Keep the ideas coming though, I might change my mind icon_biggrin.gif

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 13 Feb 2006 , 7:30pm
post #6 of 14

I saw that one too! That'll be great since she doesn't cook!!

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 13 Feb 2006 , 8:50pm
post #7 of 14

Not to change the subject but the site that sweetbaker posted is really great. What a place to find ideas for a saying on a cake.

Lemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemondrop Posted 13 Feb 2006 , 8:55pm
post #8 of 14

A sheet cake to look like a welcome mat

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 13 Feb 2006 , 9:01pm
post #9 of 14

here is a cake done by edcjen she did the welcome mat cake a few months back.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=edcjenv&cat=0&pos=16

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 13 Feb 2006 , 11:43pm
post #10 of 14

I found this one online a while back and thought it was a neat idea...a cake that looks like a houseplan! (I unfortunately cannot remember where or what site I found this cake on, sorry icon_redface.gif )
LL

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 5:02am
post #11 of 14

I saw a cute cake in the gallery a while back. 2 layer square cake frosted to look like a moving box. I think there was a "Fragile: This end Up" stenciled on the side too. At the time I thought, better remember this next time someone I know moves! icon_smile.gif

Toosweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toosweet Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 5:16pm
post #12 of 14

I saw this really cute cake done in a "mailbox news" (I think). It was a house with a face and it had a quilt layed over the top of the roof, like it was keeping the "house warm"!!! It was really cute. I think it was airbrushed on, but it could easily be done with fondant.

licia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
licia Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 4:24pm
post #13 of 14

great

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 6:50pm
post #14 of 14

I just read a post about that cake LOL I think someone on here did it for her boss or something who was an architect!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%