How to Stencil on Cookies
Edited on 2/20/12
- Simple Citrus Slice CookiesEdited on 7/19/12
- Pot of Gold St. Patty's Day CookiesEdited on 3/16/12
- SugarDeaux Fast Dry, Quick Royal Icing
Alphabetical Article List
How To Decorate Owl Cookies with Royal Icing
Posted by sweetopia
Decorating cookies with royal icing can be a lot of fun, especially if the steps are broken down for you in an easy to follow manner. In the pictorial below, find out how to decorate owl cookies with royal icing.
List of Materials
- NFSC - No Fail Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Antonia74 - Royal Icing Recipe
- Round Cookie Cutters - Size of your choice
- Food gel colorings - Color palette your choice
- Piping Tips #2, #67
- Piping Bags
Once you've baked your cookies and made Antonia74's royal icing you're almost ready to begin decorating.
The most important thing to know is that the consistency of the icing after you've made it, is important. The consistency of the icing should be like yoghurt. You can thin it a little to make it more fluid by adding water or thicken by adding icing sugar.
Next, color your icing with your food gel colorings and fill your piping bags.
Pipe the owl's body using a #2 tip. Let dry for a minimum of 6-12 hours. The icing basically acts as sealant for freshness, so it's okay to let the cookie dry uncovered at room temperature.
Pipe the whites of the eyes using a #2 tip and let them dry for a minimum of 6 hours.
The Belly & Details:
Using a #2 tip, pipe the belly and add the 'feathering details' right away. Pipe the pupils and wings. Let dry.
Add the feet and beak using a #2 piping tip. Thicken your royal icing for the leaves until the icing stands up at a stiff peak when a spoon is dipped into it and then pulled away. Pipe the leaves using a #67 piping tip. Let dry for approximately 6 hours.
Follow the same steps for the Momma Owl. Her body shape is just a little bit different.
Now you're ready to package or serve!
Have fun decorating!
- Simple Citrus Slice Cookies
- › Newbie in Uk, help please 5 minutes ago
- › My first wedding cake. help 9 minutes ago
- › What is your favorite youtube cake decorating tutorial? 13 minutes ago
- › Zombie Cake with Squirting/Oozing blood 24 minutes ago
- › Does cake have to be refrigerated? 27 minutes ago
- › How About A Serious Thread About Cake Balls? 29 minutes ago
- › cream cheese icing and fondant 29 minutes ago
- › Do you assemble a 3 tier on site? 29 minutes ago
- › Blackberry filling question 32 minutes ago
- › Tylose powder!!!???? 37 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950