Related Forum Threads
Sugar Cookie Icing
Edited on 11/26/08
- Eggnog cookies with eggnog frostingEdited on 11/2/06
- Simple Royal IcingEdited on 3/3/06
- White Chocolate Sour Cream Ganache
Alphabetical Article List
Antonia74 Royal Icing
Posted by antonia74This icing is mixed to a stiff consistency for outlining cookies, then can be thinned with warm water to fill in the cookie shape. I like to dry my cookies for at least 24 hours...and up to 48 hours before packaging them. This icing can be kept at room temperature in an air-sealed container for literally weeks, with a good re-mixing before you use it again. I haven't had great results with keeping it in the fridge...but un-tinted icing (i.e. white) seems to be okay from the freezer.
Antonia74 Royal Icing
- 6 oz (3/4 cup) of warm water 5 Tablespoons meringue powder 1 teaspoon cream of tartar 1 kilogram (2.25 lbs.) powdered icing sugar
- In mixer bowl, pour in the warm water and the meringue powder. Mix it with a whisk by hand until it is frothy and thickened...about 30 seconds.
- Add the cream of tartar and mix for 30 seconds more.
- Pour in all the icing sugar at once and place the bowl on the mixer.
- Using the paddle attachment on the LOWEST speed, mix slowly for a full 10 minutes. Icing will get thick and creamy.
- Cover the bowl with a dampened tea-towel to prevent crusting and drying.
- Tint with food colourings or thin the icing with small amounts of warm water to reach the desired consistency.
- Eggnog cookies with eggnog frosting
Currently, there are 835 Active Users (25 Members and 810 Guests)
- › Creativity drought 13 minutes ago
- › Pricing my cake... 19 minutes ago
- › Mr Kipling ANGEL SLICES.........? 20 minutes ago
- › My newest "trick" 23 minutes ago
- › Too soft for stacking?? 28 minutes ago
- › helpp please 32 minutes ago
- › onion domes. 32 minutes ago
- › What do you think of the recent changes to CakeCentral? 39 minutes ago
- › Anyone using Moonfruit for their website? 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Colored Peanut Butter Buttercream 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking