Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating Business › Everyone loves Google, so remember to watch what you say.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Everyone loves Google, so remember to watch what you say. - Page 2  

post #16 of 37

My mommy told ME: 

1)  NEVER put anything in writing that you don't want anyone to read.

2)  NEVER, EVER let anybody take naked pictures of you.

3)  IF you ever say bad things to someone, or worse, hit them, make sure there aren't any witnesses.   (and always, always make sure they hit you first!)

 

 

....and that was BEFORE the internet!

 

Now that's ADVICE!

post #17 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenSadler View Post

What about Bing? icon_wink.gif

 

Even worse, apparently.

post #18 of 37
I was just talking about this today. It doesn't take much to find anything you want (or not) with random words on google.
post #19 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenSadler View Post

What about Bing? icon_wink.gif

BAHAHAHA! I LOVE bing translate!

Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
post #20 of 37
Oh yeah, Bing has a way with words!


Anna, don't you have a cake to bake?!
post #21 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenSadler View Post

Just googled "sugar rush san angelo" and the first 4 pages of google were pleasing. Then once I got to San Angelo lesbians on pinkcupid.com looking for sugar, I decided it was time to stop.

Okay, i just literally laughed out loud, and it is 2:30 in the morning, and everyone is asleep. I made my sleeping pets jump!

Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
post #22 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmPamCakes View Post

Oh yeah, Bing has a way with words!


Anna, don't you have a cake to bake?!


Um... good point! let me check!

 

 

No, I had my one order change to next week :-( But this weekend is free!

Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
post #23 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apti View Post
 

My mommy told ME: 

1)  NEVER put anything in writing that you don't want anyone to read.

2)  NEVER, EVER let anybody take naked pictures of you.

3)  IF you ever say bad things to someone, or worse, hit them, make sure there aren't any witnesses.   (and always, always make sure they hit you first!)

 

 

....and that was BEFORE the internet!

 

Now that's ADVICE!

Your mother is very wise! So do you take the naked pictures of yourself, in the bathroom mirror? Just kidding! haha

Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
post #24 of 37

I just googled my name and found maybe 3 people, possibly 4 with my same name, who are living, and about 5 dead people with my name. My husband has a family cemetery with 4 tombstones with my name on them. A few years ago, I told my kids I was undead, and I had actually died and came back to life 5 times, and showed them the tombstones as "proof". It was my 3rd time there, haha. My daughter was 6 at the time, and she remembers it because she believed me. World's Most Awesome Mommy, right here, lol. She said she wasn't scared because she knows I love her and she loves me too <3 my doll baby. I really am a meanie.

Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
post #25 of 37

I googled my name, there are 401,000 entrees..LOL  my name is so original.

post #26 of 37
I just googled my name; apparently I am deceased.
post #27 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by as you wish View Post

I just googled my name; apparently I am deceased.


I'm sorry to hear of your demise.  Death by cake?  I hear it's quite common.

Aah, cake. . .the 5th food group!!
Aah, cake. . .the 5th food group!!
post #28 of 37

Annabakescakes~~Mama was right!  I did a google search for my name and there was ....... zippo.

Yup.  Boring as he*l.  (and no selfies!)

post #29 of 37

1.  It makes me rather relieved I don't have a business of my own...not that I vent a lot online, but when I have, they've been HUGE UGLY vents, and thankfully I've never done it here...as of yet, anyway.

 

2.  On a greater scale, I've seen how this transparency has affected certain things, and I'm not certain it's for the better.  I think there still is a time and place to be anonymous.  Most of the message boards I frequent, including this one, are so large that unless one is looking specifically for a particular person or wants to spam (like what happened here the other week) I don't think anyone would be diligent enough to comb through every single member's profile.  Heck, I've belonged to another message board for 10+ years that has its own FB page, and even though people's RL names are on that page, everyone still refers to each other by their usernames!

 

3.  That said, there's a reason why I don't post photos in the gallery here.  It's not that I don't want to share them -- it's that I don't want anything else linking back to my username here because I've also used this particular username elsewhere.

 

4.  I discuss all this every so often with my younger nieces/nephews.  They think I'm a dinosaur because I don't like sharing a lot of RL things online.  I tell them it's because I'm from the first generation of the internet where the whole point of being on the internet was to be anonymous :D

post #30 of 37
I always used to tell folks (please excuse the double negative), "Never say anything you don't want to see on the six o'clock news."

VISIT US at BAKINGFIX

 

             Bookshelf    Consulting    Classes    Blog    Facebook  

    

 

 

VISIT US at BAKINGFIX

 

             Bookshelf    Consulting    Classes    Blog    Facebook  

    

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cake Decorating Business
This thread is locked  
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating Business › Everyone loves Google, so remember to watch what you say.