1. This nasty ol bird ordered a custom 2- tiered cake on Wednesday, for a Sunday event. Who does that? Difficult, unrealistic cake meanies do, that's who. "There's ur sign"
2. You didn't have enough fondant. Learn a lesson from this. If you can't jet out to the local craft store and buy some fondant last minute, always have a cake emergency preparedness plan! Have a homemade fondant recipe on hand and practice making it until your can do it with your eyes closed. Google Liz Marek fondant recipe. It will change your life.
3. You improvised with the buttercream dots and borders, which to me looked fine. The cake was still cute, but not the clean Pinteresty look she was after. You warned her of this and she didn't listen.
4. Her behavior was UNACCEPTABLE. If she was disappointed in the design and her expectations were not met, she should have tactfully expressed this to you . She acted like a petulant child and should NOT have been rewarded with a full refund.
5. She ate the cake and had something cute to serve to guests. The professional thing to do would to issue a partial refund since she paid for all fondant design and got half buttercream. I would have knocked 20% off at the most!
6. Put her on the no cake list ASAP. And assign her number its own ring tone on your phone. I suggest the JAWS theme or the Wicked Witch bicycle pedaling music from Wizard of Oz.