Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › Buttercream mixed with white chocolate ganache!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buttercream mixed with white chocolate ganache!

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
Hi!

I just wanted to share with you my success with mixing these two icings!!
I had an order for a smash cake to be covered with buttercream. I wanted the soft, creamy taste if buttercream, but for it to hold up like ganache does, so I mixed the two. It came out amazing!!! It was so soft, silky and had a light creamy taste to it. Plus, I was still able to get the straight, crisp edges like I do with ganache, but it's still soft to the touch like buttercream. It didn't bulge or droop at all. I recommend this to everyone. It also looks like fondant, so I don't see and reason for covering it. I will post a picture soon!!! Just wanted to share......
post #2 of 19

Sounds great ....I'm going to try it! Thx!

post #3 of 19

What kind of buttercream did you mix your ganache with.  American?  (all butter, 1/2 butter - half shortening, all shortening?  SMBC? IMBC?

post #4 of 19
Thread Starter 
It was a buttercream made with 1 cup of butter, 1/2 cup shortening, vanilla, milk and powdered sugar. I mixed that with softened white ganache. It got tons of rave reviews!
post #5 of 19
Thread Starter 

Okay, here is the picture of the smash cake I make with the buttercream-ganache mixture. It held up excellent, and I was able to obtain the crisp edges!

 

post #6 of 19

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing, your smash cake is adorable & well done!

June
Reply
June
Reply
post #7 of 19

Do you think it would work with Indydebi's BC?That's the only BC I make.

Are you using 3:1 ratio for the White Chocolate ganache?

Also, what brand of white chocolate do you use? I have always made chocolate and dark chocolate ganache but never tried white.

TIA and apologize for bombarding you with a ton of questions..

post #8 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissys Goodies View Post

Okay, here is the picture of the smash cake I make with the buttercream-ganache mixture. It held up excellent, and I was able to obtain the crisp edges!

 

Oh, by the way, the cake is adorable! Love the bow.. I still struggle with bows..

post #9 of 19
Thread Starter 

Thank you Superstar and Jiya11!

 

And Jiya11, Im not quite sure if it would work because I've never worked with the Dream Whip, But I would say to try it if you want. Just maybe on a personal cake, just in case it doesnt. icon_biggrin.gif. But I use the regular Nestle White Chocolate chips, the 3:1 ratio. 

I know what you mean, Bows took a lot of practice (and a lot of Gumpaste) to work for me. oh, and I still watch tons of tutorials on bow making. lol

post #10 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissys Goodies View Post

Thank you Superstar and Jiya11!

 

And Jiya11, Im not quite sure if it would work because I've never worked with the Dream Whip, But I would say to try it if you want. Just maybe on a personal cake, just in case it doesnt. icon_biggrin.gif. But I use the regular Nestle White Chocolate chips, the 3:1 ratio. 

I know what you mean, Bows took a lot of practice (and a lot of Gumpaste) to work for me. oh, and I still watch tons of tutorials on bow making. lol

I cant wait to try.. one more question.. how much ganache to BC ratio? Also for the ganache, do u mix it right away with BC after making it let it sit for a few hours until it thickens (the way cake is frosted in ganache)

post #11 of 19
Thread Starter 

I think I used half ganache and half BC. Maybe a little less Ganache. but you can always tweak it the way you want. I had make the Ganache the night before so it was still soft. Just make sure its soft like Peanut Butter. Add that to the BC and mix it. (I used a hand-mixer).

post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissys Goodies View Post

I think I used half ganache and half BC. Maybe a little less Ganache. but you can always tweak it the way you want. I had make the Ganache the night before so it was still soft. Just make sure its soft like Peanut Butter. Add that to the BC and mix it. (I used a hand-mixer).
Sounds like a plan. I will give it a try in a day or two and let you know
post #13 of 19
Thread Starter 

Great! I look forward to see how it turns out!

post #14 of 19

Thanks for sharing, your cake looks lovely.

post #15 of 19
Thread Starter 
Thank you!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cake Decorating
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › Buttercream mixed with white chocolate ganache!