Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › Eww!!! A chicken in my egg!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Eww!!! A chicken in my egg!! - Page 9  

post #121 of 129

I just thank God I learned everything I NEVER wanted to know about eggs and lectured (ahem...'informed') about 'where my food comes from'.  On a cake decorating site no less.

 

All this discussion brings to mind a quote from the movie Tommy Boy...

 

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it!"

If I am ever on life support, unplug me...

Then plug me back in.  See if that works!

If I am ever on life support, unplug me...

Then plug me back in.  See if that works!

post #122 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmijok View Post
 

 

All this discussion brings to mind a quote from the movie Tommy Boy...

 

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it!"

 

:D Brililant!

post #123 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmijok View Post
 

I just thank God I learned everything I NEVER wanted to know about eggs and lectured (ahem...'informed') about 'where my food comes from'.  On a cake decorating site no less.

 

All this discussion brings to mind a quote from the movie Tommy Boy...

 

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it!"

 

Hahaha -  Excellent!

post #124 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmijok View Post
 

"....a quote from the movie Tommy Boy...

 

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it!"

 

Oh thank You carmijok:  Thank You.

 

I buy what the store has to offer or I starve to death. Literally. Along with everyone else in town.

 

And I always use Large Eggs unless the recipe says otherwise.

For some of the large recipes with egg Whites it's easier to measure or weigh then to count egg shells in the trash can.

:)

~~We are living in a world today where lemonade is made from artificial flavors and furniture polish is made from real lemons. ~Alfred E. Newman  
~~We are living in a world today where lemonade is made from artificial flavors and furniture polish is made from real lemons. ~Alfred E. Newman  
post #125 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBalaska View Post
 

 

 

 

And I always use Large Eggs unless the recipe says otherwise.

For some of the large recipes with egg Whites it's easier to measure or weigh then to count egg shells in the trash can.

:)

See...now THAT's the kind of egg info useful to a site like this!

If I am ever on life support, unplug me...

Then plug me back in.  See if that works!

If I am ever on life support, unplug me...

Then plug me back in.  See if that works!

post #126 of 129

YUCK! I hope this NEVER happens to me.

post #127 of 129

I believe most recipes are based on large eggs, and that is what I buy also, but for most recipes just weigh out the whites or yolks.

 

Liz

Follow me on my Twitter handle: @Sugar_Iowa

Or on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SugarFineBakedGoodsAndConfections

Follow me on my Twitter handle: @Sugar_Iowa

Or on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SugarFineBakedGoodsAndConfections

post #128 of 129
Re: egg weights and egg yolk/white proportions, I wrote an entry on Eggs on my fledgling blog last year in case anyone would like to read more about this sort of thing and how it relates to baking. Hope this helps!

http://sweetperfectioncakes.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/eggsellent-egg-conversions-for-home.html

Life's too short to make cake pops.
___________________________________
www.sweetperfection.com.au

www.sweetperfectioncakes.blogspot.com.au/
www.facebook.com/sweetperfectioncakes (come visit sometime!)

Life's too short to make cake pops.
___________________________________
www.sweetperfection.com.au

www.sweetperfectioncakes.blogspot.com.au/
www.facebook.com/sweetperfectioncakes (come visit sometime!)

post #129 of 129
Unfortunately, my advice was not followed, and the thread took yet another turn for the worse, despite some members actually wanting to discuss the topic (eggs). I'm locking this one.

I am not deleting this thread as it does contain some useful information and discussion.

For future reference, the kinds of offensive and overly-defensive posts seen in the past few pages are good examples of what gets threads locked around here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cake Decorating
This thread is locked  
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › Eww!!! A chicken in my egg!!