Help! Birch Cake W/hens&chicks Plant????

Decorating By Jeep_girl816 Updated 25 Jan 2012 , 7:32pm by Jeep_girl816

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 9:58pm
post #1 of 4

Ok, so I used to be a regular buuut got busy having babies, lol, so I haven't been here too much in the last year or so. Anyways, so one of my best friends is getting married in Sept. and wants me to make the cake. She's fallen in love with this one:Image
I'm Pretty sure I can handle the birch wood/bark part but the Hens and chicks greenery is whats got me freaked out. I know I have plenty of time but Sept is a busy month and I'm also in the wedding so I'd like to get as much done as i can in advance. Has anyone done these before? I'm sure there isn't a cutter/mold readily available so I'll probably have to just improvise. Do you think just a pointy ened cutter would work, just make them thick and just keep layering them on, kind of like a super thick lotus blossom? Here's the real deal:Image

Any input/suggestions at all would be sooo much appreciated! Thanks in advance!!!

icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
Jeep_girl816 Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 10:50pm
post #2 of 4

Anybody???? icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

tommys_mom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tommys_mom Posted 25 Jan 2012 , 6:41pm
post #3 of 4

could you use the sunflower design cutter and harden them in the different angles and then attach them together to make them?? I think that is how I would make them...

Jeep_girl816 Posted 25 Jan 2012 , 7:32pm
post #4 of 4

That might work! I'd just make them thick and thin/pinch down the edges. I know I just pretty much have to just whip up some fondant and practice but flowers were never really my thing so its a bit intimidating & it's for a beloved friend so I really don't want to disappoint her!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%