Lounge By luvsfreebies72 Updated 8 Apr 2009 , 6:19am by luvsfreebies72

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 3:28am
post #1 of 51
50 replies
jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 4:05am
post #2 of 51

I soooooo agree. They keep taunting us with the clips from it. icon_rolleyes.gif

luvsfreebies72 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 4:27am
post #3 of 51

I know.

FN & I have a love/hate relationship

My adrenaline gets pumped everytime I see the commercials

Is that bad?

EyeCandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EyeCandy Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 1:04pm
post #4 of 51

Darn! We canceled our Directv too early! icon_sad.gif I hope its a good one!!

jer702 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 3:12pm
post #5 of 51

luvsfreebies72--LMAO no its not a bad thing. Please just refrain from yelling or hitting the TV at all costs. icon_lol.gif

luvsfreebies72 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 7:31pm
post #6 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeCandy

Darn! We canceled our Directv too early! icon_sad.gif I hope its a good one!!

oh it's gonna be good! 4 weeks of challenge and a $50k grand prize? I'm thinkin' they are gonna be pulling out ALL the stops

luvsfreebies72 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 7:33pm
post #7 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer702

luvsfreebies72--LMAO no its not a bad thing. Please just refrain from yelling or hitting the TV at all costs. icon_lol.gif

that is always difficult for me. During football season, too icon_lol.gif

favrtdtr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
favrtdtr Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 8:34pm
post #8 of 51

I'm totally excited for it too - can't wait!!

On a completely different note - how do I change my avatar? I'm new to this forum stuff.

luvsfreebies72 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 8:35pm
post #9 of 51

"my forum info" on the left-side nav bar. scroll all the way down to the avatar section icon_smile.gif

jer702 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 8:40pm
post #10 of 51

Okay, I obviously missed something..I thought the show was only going to be a couple hours long..but now I see that its 4 weeks long. Seriously, the anticipation is going to drive me crazy icon_rolleyes.gif I'm watching this live and recording it on my dvr just in case I miss something.

favrtdtr Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 8:53pm
post #11 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsfreebies72

"my forum info" on the left-side nav bar. scroll all the way down to the avatar section icon_smile.gif

Thanks a bunch - I'm gonna look into that right now. icon_biggrin.gif

luvsfreebies72 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 8:04pm
post #12 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer702

Okay, I obviously missed something..I thought the show was only going to be a couple hours long..but now I see that its 4 weeks long. Seriously, the anticipation is going to drive me crazy icon_rolleyes.gif I'm watching this live and recording it on my dvr just in case I miss something.

4 weeks and $50k!! I already have all the challenges set to record on my dvr. seriously, thank god someone invented this. I don't remember how I survived w/o it

beck30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beck30 Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 12:27am
post #13 of 51

I cant wait! I look forward to the challenges and the new Ace of cakes. I also cant wait for buddys new show.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 1:27am
post #14 of 51

One of our challenge cakers who posts here upon ocassion said these challenges are loaded with drama! So once they air we should be getting some interesting feedback. (because they can't spill the beans in advance of the airing)

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 9:15am
post #15 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

One of our challenge cakers who posts here upon ocassion said these challenges are loaded with drama! So once they air we should be getting some interesting feedback. (because they can't spill the beans in advance of the airing)

So looking forward to this and it shall be interesting seeing the posts too!

becklynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becklynn Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 5:08pm
post #16 of 51

Can't wait to watch this....looks intense!

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 1:00am
post #17 of 51

OK - I tuned in late and I don't think that I really understand the challenge this week - what was the theme??

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 1:05am
post #18 of 51

The first week's challenge is each decorator's "Life Story" told in cake.

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 1:07am
post #19 of 51

Ok, well that makes sense, but what was the "story" told with the winning cake? I just didn't get to see the cake long enough to figure it out...

I LOVED Bronwen's cake and the blond girls cake and well - everyone's cake! haha~!

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 1:31am
post #20 of 51

Mary's cake was icon_eek.gif freakin' amazing! She absolutely deserved to win, IMO. I also loved the originality of Elisa's dress form cake. She has some serious skillz. I liked Bronwen's cake from the standpoint of it truly telling a coherent story, but Mary's was just too kicka$$ for words.

I felt sad for Michelle, and the fact that they have to vote each other out is just over the top dramatic.

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 1:33am
post #21 of 51

I hated to see Michelle Bommarito go...I love her work not to mention she seems so sweet and down to earth. Maybe her cake wasn't as Wow!!! as the others but it was STUNNING to say the least!!!

I personally was a little disappointed in the way they handled the judging. Not that the contestants judging was a bad idea, but I don't think it should've been annouced out loud---JMHO

But those were some outstanding cakes...wow at the talent icon_biggrin.gif

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 1:38am
post #22 of 51

I like Michelle, too, and almost always love her cakes! But this time it was really lacking and had hardly had anything on it. She's very talented thought and seems so sweet.
Mary is awesomeness. Love her and everything she does. Absolutely deserved to win this round. I also love Courtney-her cake was so cute balanced all precariously like that. icon_smile.gif Adorable!
I also love Elisa Strauss-she is one of my all time favorites. I thought her dress was a little too reminiscent of Pink Cake Box's dress cake, but it was beautiful and well done.
Bronwen's had a good story to it and the other guy's (James maybe?) always does beautiful work with his sugar flowers.
But hands down, Mary deserved it.

classiccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classiccake Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 1:51am
post #23 of 51

I thought this was a great challenge. I agree Michelle's cake had no wow at all. I thought the others were great. Mary had the most creative design, Bronwen's was so her and told her "story" clearly, and Elisa's cake was different and beautiful. Jason's was great, but I agree...too much of the same ole'. Courtney's was Fabulous!

Did you notice how absolutely DRAINED everyone looked. I know it is
ALL intense, every time, but this time I think they all looked wiped out, more than any of the other competitions.

classiccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classiccake Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 1:53am
post #24 of 51

Oh yeah....it sucked that they had to voice their vote!!! icon_mad.gif

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 2:08am
post #25 of 51

can anyone help?

I saw a dress manaquin cake either posted here or on another web site. It was burgandy or red with gold accents.

I remembered it after seeing this show but can't remember where. icon_redface.gif

thanks

favrtdtr Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 2:57am
post #26 of 51

I'm at work and this week - of course - I got busy and missed the whole show!! WAH WAH!!! LOL Ok, does anyone think they'll air it again sometime before next week's episode?

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 3:03am
post #27 of 51

it airs again tonight at 2AM (4 hours from now for me)

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 3:46am
post #28 of 51

Besides the time the PP mentioned it will also be aired at these times:

Apr 08, 2009 7:00 PM ET/PT

Apr 11, 2009 2:00 PM ET/PT

Apr 12, 2009 7:00 PM ET/PT

Oh, and it's 3:00 AM tonight ET/PT time.

I was also not very happy with the out loud elimination. That totally sucks. I personally think Bronwen's cake should have won but am not disappointed that Mary's was choosen. Sad to see Michelle go as I think she seems like a really sweet person but she even said it herself when the time was up and she saw everyone else's cake. Really looking forward to the rest but I hope they don't do the same voting thing at the end.

KellBell22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellBell22 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 4:14am
post #29 of 51

Just finished watching, and I have to voice my irritation at the out loud vote out. I think that was just too brutal! Especially after such a day of decorating. Though I agreed with Michelle going...while I LOVE her work, tonight's just didn't wow me compared to the others. Who is everyone rooting for to take the cake (no pun intended) on the whole thing? I'm rooting for Elisa, she's my favorite. icon_smile.gif

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 9:13am
post #30 of 51

I totally have to disagee on those saying that Michelle's cake didn't have the Wow factor. I thought it was a completely stunning cake. Yes, she seems very sweet, but that cake was a definite statement of her talent. It was awesome! icon_smile.gif That said, I do agree that it was not a good representation of a "Life Story". I think that they were looking for a more literal vision of her life.

I thought that it was TERRIBLE that they made them vote out loud!!! icon_eek.gificon_mad.gif What an awful thing to do to talented people who where exhausted. When they anounced the vote, I thought it would be something like Survivor, and a blind vote. I really think that the Food Network needs to think about that one. I consider it brutal.

I thought that Bronwen's cake was the best representation of the story of her life so far...

My two cent,
Pat B.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%