Oreo Filling...

Decorating By farney0125 Updated 4 Aug 2005 , 1:24pm by Ambrosia

farney0125 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farney0125 Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 6:13am
post #1 of 22

I am hoping someone has a easy recipe for an oreo filling for a cake. Thanks ya'll!

21 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 6:18am
post #2 of 22

The easiest I can think of is Cool Whip mixed with Crush oreos, but I like that by itself also.

You could also mix the oreos with BC icing.

Both are pretty easy and fast.

farney0125 Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 6:19am
post #3 of 22

That is what I was thinking...but wanted to make sure. Thanks!

Bubbles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bubbles Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 12:40pm
post #4 of 22

If you want more of a pudding filling, they have oreo pudding now. You may want to add additional cookies or something.

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 12:46pm
post #5 of 22

I know they use and oreo filling in the whimsical bakehouse book. Lots of beople here have it. Maybe one of them can help you out.

thecakeboutique Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakeboutique Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 12:49pm
post #6 of 22

I always whip up some heavy cream add a box of white chocolate pudding and then crush up oreos and throw them in. It is just a little thicker the the WBH recipe.

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 1:05pm
post #7 of 22

I tried the oreos with BC but it was soooo sweet so I'd love to hear some other ideas also. I bought the oreo pudding but haven't had a chance to test it. Hopefully I can try it in the next day or so and report back! The heavy cream and pudding sounds good too but anything with heavy cream sounds good! lol

gdixoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gdixoncakes Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 1:06pm
post #8 of 22

I have the WBH recipe and all it is is real whipped cream and crushed up oreos. I can send the recipe word for word if you need it. I think thecakeboutique has a GREAT idea to add white chocolate pudding or if they make it now, the oreo pudding. Wow! Sounds awesome.

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 1:39pm
post #9 of 22

They do make an oreo pudding and I have a box just staring at me in the pantry begging to be made....I think I hear it calling my name.... icon_lol.gif

thecakeboutique Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakeboutique Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 1:46pm
post #10 of 22

Ive actually tried it with the oreo pudding and didnt like it as much, dont know why but try it for yourself to see.

Ambrosia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ambrosia Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 4:29pm
post #11 of 22

I've only used the Whimsical Bakehouse recipe and it holds up thick enough and you can really pile it on. It's the filling they use to tilt the cake with on that one crazy cake they do.

Cookies and Cream
whimsical bakehouse cookbook

-in the bowl of an electric mixer at high speed, whip until stiff:
2 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

-gently fold in by hand:
20 chocolate sandwich cookies/Oreos, crushed into medium pieces (i basically crushed each oreo into quarters).
Yield 6 cups.

peacockplace Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 4:55pm
post #12 of 22

Ok.. this is what I want to know... how do they not get buldges in the sides of their cakes? They don't use a dam and the fill it lopsided with a whipped cream mixture. How does it not squish out and buldge the icing on the sides of the cake? Is is because the cake stays refrigerated all the time? What happen if you set it out on the table for a party? Anyone with experience with this let me know!

Ambrosia Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 4:59pm
post #13 of 22

take some stiff buttercream and make a "dam" around the top of the layers and then fill them with the filling. the stiff buttercream damn holds it all in. icon_smile.gif you can use a number 12 tip or make a thicker dam by not using a tip at all, just the coupler. icon_smile.gif

peacockplace Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 5:02pm
post #14 of 22

Do they say to do that in the book? I was just wondering because I saw them on a show and she just slapped the filling in and put the next layer on? I always use a super stiff dam, just wondering how they do it since it didn't show them using a dam on the show.

Ambrosia Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 5:12pm
post #15 of 22

yep. they have it in the beginning of their book. it says to "pipe a ring of buttercream around the edge of the bottom layer. the ring should be as tall as the coupler is wide; if the ring is too short, pipe another ring on top of the first to create a sufficiently high border."

farney0125 Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 5:44pm
post #16 of 22

THanks so much for the recipe....I think I'll do that for my next cake. I was going to do a raseberry filling with chocolate fudge...but I think I'll try this one...sounds yummy! Thanks ya'll.

Sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 6:15pm
post #17 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrosia

I've only used the Whimsical Bakehouse recipe and it holds up thick enough and you can really pile it on. It's the filling they use to tilt the cake with on that one crazy cake they do.

Cookies and Cream
whimsical bakehouse cookbook

-in the bowl of an electric mixer at high speed, whip until stiff:
2 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

-gently fold in by hand:
20 chocolate sandwich cookies/Oreos, crushed into medium pieces (i basically crushed each oreo into quarters).
Yield 6 cups.

Thanks for posting, this looks divine. party.gif

farney0125 Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 6:46pm
post #18 of 22

Ok, this may be a dumb question...but confectioners sugar is powdered sugar?

Sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 7:57pm
post #19 of 22

Yup! I think people call it icing sugar as well.

Ambrosia Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 11:02pm
post #20 of 22

You're welcome Farney and Sugar! icon_smile.gif I just *happened* to have the book with me at work today, so it was convenient for me to just type it up. icon_smile.gif

Mjmil7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mjmil7 Posted 4 Aug 2005 , 6:06am
post #21 of 22

Ambrosia, thanks for posting the recipe. I've been trying to get this recipe for months and no one has posted it. Can't wait to try it. Thanks again!

Janice

Ambrosia Posted 4 Aug 2005 , 1:24pm
post #22 of 22

You're welcome. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%