A Thread For All Uk Bakers!!

Decorating By hailinguk Updated 25 Aug 2017 , 10:29am by Magic Mouthfuls

cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 10 Apr 2016 , 9:02pm
post #25861 of 25877

The link isn't working for me. if anyone has a rescue squad popping over to this graveyard...please save me! Its like Armageddon here ! 

carolinecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinecakes Posted 23 Apr 2016 , 9:58pm
post #25862 of 25877

try the link again its working

lellylemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lellylemondrop Posted 24 Apr 2016 , 12:03pm
post #25863 of 25877

So glad this thread is up and running again! Really missed it

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Apr 2016 , 1:50pm
post #25864 of 25877

lellylemondrop -- there you are -- so good to see you!

-K8memphis Posted 24 Apr 2016 , 2:02pm
post #25865 of 25877

after i posted it tossed me back to page one of uk thread but the commute is a breeze now --

and have you seen the search feature within each thread -- some of the kinks are still being worked out but wow the planets have aligned and i think jackie has worn callouses on her coding fingertips -- but wow -- 

it's been just over a year -- this is a major capital improvement -- and it sorts & searches the gallery too -- not all kinks are fully worked out (only get first page right now) but still -- amazing and wonderful -- we're still having fun & cc's still the one hahahaha

> high five < all y'all uk cake buddies!

Siany01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Siany01 Posted 24 Apr 2016 , 2:25pm
post #25866 of 25877

It's not back up and running again.  We've all gone.  The only reason I'm here is because my email is being spammed by this.  It's taken 3 attempts to try and log in to post and it throws me back to page one each and everytime.  The site seems no better than it was before. It's a shame as it used to be really good till it got ruined. :/

carolinecakes Posted 24 Apr 2016 , 3:07pm
post #25867 of 25877

There is a link to uk bakers clan, in on e of the posts, that is what I was referring to as working . As to this thread, what Siany01 said.......

-K8memphis Posted 24 Apr 2016 , 3:09pm
post #25868 of 25877

i'm navigating around pretty good -- i mean at least it didn't just close down -- Jackie has worked tirelessly to make it better and better and better -- with the soft launch of a preview of the search feature including the ability to search through each thread -- once it's fully operational it's gonna be a force to reckon with -- that will make it better than before in the search department --

i like it -- it's very good and improving all the time --

the glass is either half full or empty 'cause i drank it all

carolinecakes Posted 24 Apr 2016 , 4:28pm
post #25869 of 25877

@-K8memphis ‍ you know when I read your posts, I always think you're " a glass half full " kinda gal. lol

Love CC, learned a lot here, try to help when I can, but when the site goes down, I'm left high and dry in the middle of some cake storm needing an assist.

-K8memphis Posted 24 Apr 2016 , 5:58pm
post #25870 of 25877

for a thread that is not working i'm able to bounce around here from page to page very well  -- here's your link

http://ukbakersclan.proboards.com/thread/66/cake-central-runaways-chat?page=6

-K8memphis Posted 24 Apr 2016 , 6:47pm
post #25871 of 25877

i am not speaking for uk people -- i was speaking to them/you --  they are my friends and i am glad to see most of them -- i noticed you all left -- this is why i said hello and etc.

this site is getting better and better --

i really admire how you all had this thread so action packed and i think the new forum you have is wonderful

-K8memphis Posted 18 Aug 2016 , 2:18am
post #25872 of 25877

hi -- there's a caker on here from scotland wanting to know how to start a home based business -- if any of you are still out there and from scotland & know something for her  -- could you reply?

http://www.cakecentral.com/messages/compose?uid=800712#o6wkF36SBJz91kMG.99

thanks -- best to all

thecupidbow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecupidbow Posted 30 Oct 2016 , 9:10pm
post #25873 of 25877

Hi ladies!

Spent my Saturday afternoon baking a coffee and walnut cake and just posted the recipe over on my blog :) Would love for you to have a read and subscribe! Click here!

Carly :) 

sincerelyvanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sincerelyvanilla Posted 5 Nov 2016 , 11:16am
post #25874 of 25877

Hi guys! Has anyone baked the Betty Crocker Velvety Vanilla cake mix for a 10-inch round pan before? If yes, how did you do it? For example, how many cake mixes, eggs, oil, water? :)

nazya_bakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nazya_bakes Posted 23 Nov 2016 , 12:14am
post #25875 of 25877

hello everyone,i have recently joined cc and started my cake business from home .I'm UK based .tomorrow the EH person is coming for inspection as i m going to be needing a hygiene rating to do my stall at our local christmas market.can anyone tell me the things i have prepared is enough or not to get a 5 rating

1.done food safety level 2 course

2.food allergy online certificate

3.using the surface cleaner which is BS EN compliant

4.kitchen is spotless,fridge is clean and all the items within expiry date 

5.have 2 sinks

6.well ventilated kitchen,smooyth surfaces

7.have downladed the management plan from FSA and filled it as well 

8.have got the opening/closing checks diary form

9.all suppliers list 

enough space to store cakes or cupcakes

these are the things which i have done .if anyone of you would like to comment pls let me know 

I'm really worried and want 5 rating .

nazya_bakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nazya_bakes Posted 23 Nov 2016 , 12:15am
post #25876 of 25877

hello everyone,i have recently joined cc and started my cake business from home .I'm UK based .tomorrow the EH person is coming for inspection as i m going to be needing a hygiene rating to do my stall at our local christmas market.can anyone tell me the things i have prepared is enough or not to get a 5 rating

1.done food safety level 2 course

2.food allergy online certificate

3.using the surface cleaner which is BS EN compliant

4.kitchen is spotless,fridge is clean and all the items within expiry date 

5.have 2 sinks

6.well ventilated kitchen,smooyth surfaces

7.have downladed the management plan from FSA and filled it as well 

8.have got the opening/closing checks diary form

9.all suppliers list 

enough space to store cakes or cupcakes

these are the things which i have done .if anyone of you would like to comment pls let me know 

I'm really worried and want 5 rating .

Magic Mouthfuls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Magic Mouthfuls Posted 25 Aug 2017 , 10:29am
post #25877 of 25877

Hi UK bakers, may I seek your local knowledge please.

I am considering stocking some UK brand fondant/sugar paste in my cake supplies shop in Australia - looking at 250g size packs of the 'Renshaw' vs 'Bake & Create' :- only targeting the embellishment use rather than the whole of cake covering market.  Renshaw is twice the price of Bake & Create - is it twice as good??  For embellishments only, is Bake & Create ok or should I avoid it ?

Thx in advance :-)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%