What Technique To Use?

Decorating By creativecreationsbykamica Updated 14 Apr 2012 , 12:18am by AnnieCahill

creativecreationsbykamica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
creativecreationsbykamica Posted 12 Apr 2012 , 4:37pm
post #1 of 7

I'm curious to know how others would splatter paint this cake! It appears to just be royal icing thrown on the cake but I was wondering if there was a less messie way!

http://media-cache.pinterest.com/upload/219480181809798166_WmhhTXnO.jpg

6 replies
Joni1962 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joni1962 Posted 12 Apr 2012 , 5:06pm
post #2 of 7

What about trying on some extra fondant dipping a new, stiff bristle tooth brush in thinner royal frosting. Next, with your index finger splatter the tooth brush. I have done this with regular paint and it looks very much like the pic. You could give it a try. Joni

VaBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VaBelle Posted 12 Apr 2012 , 5:28pm
post #3 of 7

I would think you could stack the cake, put the colored royal icing in those little plastic bottles, and drizzle on the layers. I would think you could use colored chocolate too.

luckylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylibra Posted 12 Apr 2012 , 6:41pm
post #4 of 7

love the cake! Great colors.. I think the colored chocolate idea would be cool.. and if you used one of those science project boards behind it... you might be able to avoid the mess.. can't wait to see your finished project.

ladij153 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladij153 Posted 13 Apr 2012 , 5:38am
post #5 of 7

Wonderful cake!....very Jackson Pollock!....maybe you could try improvising a painting booth with a very large cardboard box cut open in the front, put your cake in there on a turn table and sling away!!!....then just cut up and toss or recycle the box?

creativecreationsbykamica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
creativecreationsbykamica Posted 13 Apr 2012 , 6:50pm
post #6 of 7

Thank you everyone! I am going to use an extra piece of fondant & experiment!!

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 14 Apr 2012 , 12:18am
post #7 of 7

Check this out...she explains what she did in the comments:

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2276750/80s-birthday-party

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%