Kitchenaid Vs. Cuisinart

Decorating By bakermommy4 Updated 31 May 2014 , 5:14pm by DeniseNH

bakermommy4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermommy4 Posted 9 May 2009 , 2:08am
post #1 of 16

I hear like 90% of the members here have kitchenaids....I have a cuisinart. Havent had any problems yet but is there some well kept secret as to why no one else uses them? Dont wanna be caught off guard with any problems.

15 replies
varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 9 May 2009 , 2:15am
post #2 of 16

I have a Cuisinart, myself, and haven't had any problems with it at all--aside from the fact that it's left-handed, as my mother phrases it. It took me quite a bit of getting used to as to how to add stuff to the bowl, but now I just love it, especially the timer.

Well, okay, my other complaint is that the bowl is too small, but that's my fault for buying the smaller one and not the larger one.

bakermommy4 Posted 9 May 2009 , 2:19am
post #3 of 16

Well thats a comfort. I thought I was like the lone ranger with a crappy machine. I just bought it a couple of months ago. Before then I had a smaller one and had no problems but only had that one for about 8 months. Now I have the 7 qt. and I love it but no one has the cuisinart...I'm like a little kid, I dont like to be left out of the "in" crowd. LOL.

MACakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MACakes Posted 9 May 2009 , 2:23am
post #4 of 16

I absolutely love my cuisinart!! The timer is fabulous and the attachments are not all made of plastic like the kitchen aid. These two things were what sold me on the cuisinart. icon_lol.gif

rockytop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockytop Posted 9 May 2009 , 2:27am
post #5 of 16

I own a KA.It was a Christmas from my mom several years ago. I like it for thte attachments that you can buy. It as plenty of power and the 5 qt bowl is nice to.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 9 May 2009 , 1:50pm
post #6 of 16

I have both, and I use the Cuisinart for different things than I do the Kitchenaid. Both have advantages and disadvantages, but I don't think that one is "bad" and the other is "good."

And about the left-handed thing, if you're talking about the Cuisinart pouring shield, I thought the same thing until I realized that you can turn it around and it attaches on the other side as well. If you mean the on-off controls, there's no helping that icon_sad.gif

mellee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellee Posted 9 May 2009 , 4:39pm
post #7 of 16

My Kitchenaid attachments have a plastic coating, but they are all made of steel. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE my Kitchenaid mixer. But you know what? I loved it so much that I went out and bought a Kitchenaid food processor to replace my Cuisinart food processor that I had for years and was on its way out. Well........the Kitchenaid food processor is nice, but MAN do I miss my Cuisinart food processor! It beat Kitchenaid hands down in the food processor department! Next time I get a food processor, it will be Cuisinart. Next time I get a mixer it will be Kitchenaid. icon_smile.gif

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 9 May 2009 , 4:51pm
post #8 of 16

[quote="varika"]I have a Cuisinart, myself, and haven't had any problems with it at all--aside from the fact that it's left-handed, as my mother phrases it.

Crud. I should have gotten a Cuisinart. Do they make a left-handed can opener??? icon_wink.gif

dennettesdelectables Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dennettesdelectables Posted 9 May 2009 , 4:56pm
post #9 of 16

well, its not cuisinart...but how do you guys feel about Sunbeam...you know I had a couple of their blenders when I first started out living on my own, and the motors tore up fairly quickly...but I as in such a crunch a few weeks ago to get this cake done, and I had been using a hand mixer...and it finally went out...Wal-Mart had a great deal on Sunmbeam...4.6qt for $79...i just grab it and hurried home, so far I am liking it, the bowl has a swivel on it for less bowl scraping...but I am not saying this is going to trump me getting a KA..I hope I get it this year for my Bday....last year I chose a trip back home for Christmas over the KA...so..do you think I will get my money's worth out of the Sunbeam, or was I just so desperate to get this cake done that I hurried and settled??

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 9 May 2009 , 5:00pm
post #10 of 16

I love my Cuisinart!! I have the 7qt and I use it for double or triple BC recipe & batter. I have a KA 6 qt. too. Overall, I prefer the Cuisinart because it has a timer, it's a tilt head, large capacity mixer, (KA doesn't make the tilt this large), it has a fold button (just spins a couple of times), and the pouring shield goes *flush* against the bowl, so no overflow or pouffing when I add dry ingredients. And yeah, the pouring shield can fit either left or right! Very cool.

bakermommy4 Posted 9 May 2009 , 6:07pm
post #11 of 16

I'm so much more comfortable now with my cuisinart. I do love its features, the timer is my fave and the huge bowl is another fave. I think I want to get a Kitchenaid too because I think I need another mixer but nowhere near as expensive as the 7 qt. cuisinart.

mommy_of_3_DDs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy_of_3_DDs Posted 9 May 2009 , 6:21pm
post #12 of 16

I had the sunbeam mixer and it was pretty nice. It worked. The bowl was a little small so I had to pair down some of the larger recipes.

This past christmas I began looking for a bigger/better mixer and I was torn between a cuisinart and a KA for almost a month. I was comparing price/ wattage/ speeds... The deal breaker for me was when the KA pro 600 went on sale on Amazon.com for 269.99... It was an unbelievable deal and I couldn't pass on it.

Bakingangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingangel Posted 9 May 2009 , 7:05pm
post #13 of 16

I have two KA's the 4 qt. & 6 qt. Loved the rocker head on the 4 at. but needed more bowl capacity. Had the capacity in the 6 qt. but finally got tired of wrestling with the bowl and beater for scrapping and removing, etc. I was ready to shell out the bucks for the 5 qt. KA w/rocker head when I saw the video of the 5 qt. & 7 qt. Cuisinaut! It was love at first sight! I bought the 7 qt. It takes about half the time mixing batters and making buttercream. I think due to the design of the bowl and the much more powerful motor. It runs quietly too! I can't say enough about the shield, rocker head that locks in the up and down position, timer, and the speed variable dial. Now let me tell you how I really feel! It is the cadillac of mixers.

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 10 May 2009 , 12:27am
post #14 of 16

I have 3 6 qt 600 watt Kitchenaids and 2 7 qt Cuisinarts. The Cuisinarts are MUCH better machines. The Kitchen Aids have really gone down in quality since I bought my 5 qt 15 yrs. ago, but the kitchen aids have better attachments and you can extra bowls cheap on ebay.

galletitadulce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galletitadulce Posted 31 May 2014 , 4:51pm
post #15 of 16

I have a sunbeam I purchased when I  started baking cookies. It  actually has more watts than the same capacity KA. But I'm looking into buying another mixer (larger capacity, more powerful). I've been reviewing all your posts, plus, I checked HSN and QVC.  I would  love having a KA but, I was watching Cupcake Wars and they actually use a monster Cuisinart 7 Qt 1000wt and went to check it out at HSN. WOW! Been able to make triple cookie batch sold me on it. PLUS, I can split the price on flexpay, so I  can bring it home and pay it a little at a time :)

Now, if I could do something about the stove/oven situation.... haha! Need them asap!

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 31 May 2014 , 5:14pm
post #16 of 16

I too love my KA but my next mixer will be a Cuisinart because of the 7 qt bowl and tilt head.  For some reason I can't stand the crank lift bowl feature of my 10 quart Anvil.  Only used it 3 times ............and there it sits.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%