Labeling/food Coloring ??

Baking By SweetPicks Updated 26 Feb 2009 , 8:31pm by SweetPicks

SweetPicks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPicks Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 3:08am
post #1 of 7

I know that when labeling your cookies that you are required to list all the ingredients, I get that but when listing the ingredients in the food coloring, if multiple colors are used, can you just put "FD&C Colors" or do you have to list for example, "Yellow 6, Blue 1, Red 40"? I hope this makes sense. icon_smile.gif
Thanks so much!

6 replies
SweetPicks Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 11:55pm
post #2 of 7

bumpity bump icon_smile.gif

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 12:03am
post #3 of 7

good question - bump

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 1:10am
post #4 of 7

Here is the ingredient list I use on my cookie labels:

Ingredients*:
Sugar Cookie: Flour(Wheatflour,Malted barley flour,Niacin(A B Vitamin),Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate,(Vitamin B1),Riboflavin(Vitamin B12), Folic acid(A B Vitamin), Sugar, Butter (cream, salt), Eggs, Vanilla extract (Vanilla bean extractives,water, alcohol(35%), cane sugar), Baking powder(monocalcium phosphate,bicarbonate of soda, cornstarch), Cinnamon.
Icing: Confectioner's sugar (Sugar, cornstarch), Meringue powder( cornstarch,egg whites, sugar, gum arabic, calciumsulfate,citric acid, creamof tartar, silicon dioxide, and artificial flavor(egg product),Water, Food color(red#40 & #3, yellow #6 & #5, blue#1& #2,cornstarch, vegetable gum, citric acid,and less than 1/10 of 1% sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate.)

*This product is made on equipment that also makes products containing tree nuts*

This is for my sugar cookie with royal icing...

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 2:37pm
post #5 of 7

Yankeegal - Okay, that covers it! I can see I need more detailing on my labels! Thanks!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 6:22pm
post #6 of 7

I list that the cookies "may contain one or more of the following FD&C colors" and then list all of the colors. That way I don't have to adjust my label with every single order.

SweetPicks Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 8:31pm
post #7 of 7

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! I really, really appreciate it!! icon_smile.gif Exactly what I was looking for!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%