Help! Need Ideas For A Military Grooms Cake

Decorating By snowynight Updated 24 Jun 2008 , 3:03am by Ruby2uesday

snowynight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowynight Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 12:44am
post #1 of 8

I have a wedding coming up on July 26 so I have a little time. The bride wants a special chocolate grooms cake for the grrom who is in the Army. She wants it to look all military. My idea well has run dry. Could sure use some help. Thank you, Thank you, in advance!!
Kathy

7 replies
Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 12:51am
post #2 of 8

I made a cake for a guy in the Army just returning from Iraq if you look in my pics maybe you can get some type of idea from that

Molly2

kdaze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdaze Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:42am
post #3 of 8

I've seen a cake done in camoflage and it was a tank. It would be very cool for a grooms cake. It was 3D. Let me see if I can find it....

kdaze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdaze Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:45am
post #4 of 8

I wish I could give credit to who did this.... icon_redface.gif But very nice cake.
LL

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:55am
post #5 of 8

when she said "all military" did she mention if she wanted a serious tribute to his service or if she was looking for something fun and lighthearted? if she wants something more serious you could go with a fbct of the Army seal then maybe a fondant flag draped on it. if she was looking for more lighthearted, the tank is a good choice, or any camo type cake.

amy2197 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amy2197 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 2:01am
post #6 of 8

my husband is army and we had a grooms cake with the army seal on it. it was wonderful. we decorated the table in flag stuff and had a chocolate fountain on the table with the cake

cohen1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cohen1 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 2:04am
post #7 of 8

Have you done any searches on either this site or online? there are tons of military cakes on here that are excelent.

I dont remember where i found this one, it may have been on here but it is one of my ALL time favorite cakes- Made by All About Cakes by tye.
LL

Ruby2uesday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruby2uesday Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:03am
post #8 of 8

also might want to find out what he does in the military!!! Maybe you could incorporate that, like if he's an Airborne Ranger you could do something w/ the Ranger tab/creed and jump wings or a parachute etc.... (ok, my ex dh and my current boyfriend are all of the above and then some, that's where i got the thought... lol) anyway depending on what the job is, some are VERY proud of what they do! might give us some insight... especially for those who have served (me, me, me! icon_wink.gif ) or have spouses that have/do.
ruby/louisiana

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%