Couch Cake

Decorating By mysticamethyst Updated 23 Jun 2007 , 3:35pm by cakesbykitty

mysticamethyst Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysticamethyst Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 1:54pm
post #1 of 4

Okay, my mother teaches prenatal/lamaze classes and asked me to make a cake. I would like to make a couch with pregnant laday sitting on it eatting ice cream or something, really was my fav pass time while pg. Problem, how many layers should the cake be to carve down to the couch. It needs to serve about 20, will most likely be less. I am thinking about 2 square layers then cut those in half and stack 3 high and use 4th for the couch back and arms, maybe 3 cakes for extra. Will use a butter cream filling (not very creative with fillings) and mmf for cover, after crumb coat of course. Not sure on the colors or anything really unsure of myself at this point. icon_eek.gif This will be great exposure for me so I want it to look really good. Do you think this will work or is there a better way. Thanks in advance, hope all your weekends are going well.

Tammy

3 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 1:57pm
post #2 of 4

option 1: use a long loaf pan and just carve out the seat area and then cover in BC or fondatn

option 2: (see sketch)
LL

mysticamethyst Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysticamethyst Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 2:12pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much Doug, that is what I want and you sketches are great. Hope you are enjoying your summer vacation.

Tammy

cakesbykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykitty Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 3:35pm
post #4 of 4

Doug, you never cease to amaze me. Will you come live in my kitchen? I'll clean out a drawer and buy you more pens and paper!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%