Related Forum Threads
- Michaels cupcake baking wrapper Bad smell Last post on 1/12/13 at 5:19am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcakes vs Tiered cake: Which do you prefer to make? Last post on 12/3/12 at 2:22pm in Cake Decorating
- Sentimental...Maple Bacon Cupcake...Help! Last post on 1/7/13 at 7:53am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcake problems Last post on 12/2/12 at 11:59pm in Cupcakes!
- need some packaging help Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:31pm in Cupcakes!
Christine's Orange Dreamsicle Cupcakes
Edited on 10/24/12
- Key Lime CupcakesEdited on 7/3/12
- Red Velvet CupcakesEdited on 6/26/12
- Coffee Squared CupcakesEdited on 5/16/12
- Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter FrostingEdited on 5/11/12 More ›
Alphabetical Article List
TV Dinner Cupacakes
Posted by ailika
This is not my project, A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. I saw there was no tutorial on CC for this cupcake & thought it was a good idea to add it to the tutorial for those of us who don't know how to make these. So I took it from the internet, hope it's ok
List of Materials
- white chocolate melting wafers
- vanilla frosting
- cereal crumbs (recommended: Cornflakes)
- Drumsticks: Bone template
- fruit chews (recommended: Laffy Taffy's, Starbursts,Tootsie Fruit Rolls,)
- caramel sauce
- food coloring
- 3 plain store-bought doughnut holes
Total Time: 1 hr 15 min
Prep: 30 min
Inactive: 15 min
Cook: 30 min
Yield: 18 cupcakes
1 Recipe Basic Vanilla Cupcakes, recipe follows
Drumsticks, recipe follows
Mashed Potatoes, recipe follows
Peas and Carrots, recipe follows
Disposable aluminum cupcake baking tray (available at grocery stores)
Basic Vanilla Cupcakes:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
In another bowl, whisk together the vanilla extract, milk and vegetable oil.
Cream together the butter and sugar with a hand-held mixer in a large bowl. Add the eggs 1 at a time and mix to combine. Alternate the dry and wet ingredients to the egg mixture, starting and ending with the dry ingredients.
Pour the batter 2/3 full into the cupcake tins and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before frosting.
1/2 cup white chocolate melting wafers
2 cups vanilla frosting
6 plain doughnut holes
1 cup cereal crumbs (recommended: Cornflakes)
Put a bone template on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet.
Melt the chocolate over a double boiler. When melted, pour the chocolate into a resealable bag. Press out the excess air and seal the bag. Snip a 1/8-inch corner from the bag and, following the bone template, pipe an outline onto the waxed paper. Fill in the bone with chocolate. Tap the cookie sheet lightly to smooth the top of the chocolate. Repeat with the remaining chocolate to make 6 bones.
Refrigerate until firm, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Spread the vanilla frosting on top of 6 cupcakes, mounding it slightly. Using a sharp knife, make a small slit in the top of each doughnut hole. Carefully peel 1 chocolate bone from the waxed paper and insert the pointed end into the slit. Repeat with the remaining bones and doughnut holes. Place 1 doughnut hole on top of each cupcake. Put in the freezer for 15 minutes. Spread the frosting over the doughnut hole until it is smooth and covered. Add the cornflake crumbs to a medium bowl and gently press the frosted cupcakes into the crumbs to cover completely. Transfer the cupcakes to the aluminum tray.
Yield: 6 cupcakes
Mashed Potatoes:recommended: Laffy Taffy's, Starbursts)
1/2 cup vanilla frosting
1/4 cup caramel sauce
Cut the yellow fruit chews into 1-inch squares. Spread the vanilla frosting on 1 cupcake, mounding it slightly. Use a small spoon to create a well in the center of the frosting. Put the cupcake in the baking tray and arrange the fruit chew in the well at an angle. Heat the caramel sauce for 2 to 4 seconds in the microwave and drizzle it on top of the cupcake so that it fills the well and spills over like gravy. Repeat with remaining 5 cupcakes.
Yield: 6 cupcakes
Peas and Carrots:
9 orange fruit chews (recommended: Tootsie Fruit Rolls, Starbursts)
6 tablespoons vanilla frosting
Green food coloring
2 tablespoons hard green candies (recommended: M and M's, Runts)
Cut the fruit chews into 1/4-inch cubes. Add the vanilla frosting to a small bowl and add enough green food coloring until it becomes bright green color. Spread on top of the cupcakes. Arrange the green candies and orange chews on top, pressing them into the frosting. Transfer the cupcakes to the aluminum tray.
Yield: 6 cupcakes
- Key Lime Cupcakes
- › Mad Hatter Failure............... 14 minutes ago
- › Spider-Man head help 24 minutes ago
- › almond essence and almond extract flavour 28 minutes ago
- › colour of pluto? 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Boutique stand shape with rice krispies - How 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › colour of pluto? 1 hour, 58 minutes ago
- › Looking for universal cake filling that is not too sweet, lasts ... 2 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › Cupcake Booth at Outdoor Market 3 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › HELP!!! DISASTER with Michelle Foster fondant recipe!! 3 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Press Article... can't hurt business!! 3 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net