Related Forum Threads
- Michaels cupcake baking wrapper Bad smell Last post on 1/12/13 at 5:19am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcakes vs Tiered cake: Which do you prefer to make? Last post on 12/3/12 at 2:22pm in Cake Decorating
- Sentimental...Maple Bacon Cupcake...Help! Last post on 1/7/13 at 7:53am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcake problems Last post on 12/2/12 at 11:59pm in Cupcakes!
- need some packaging help Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:31pm in Cupcakes!
Christine's Orange Dreamsicle Cupcakes
Edited on 10/24/12
- Key Lime CupcakesEdited on 7/3/12
- Red Velvet CupcakesEdited on 6/26/12
- Coffee Squared CupcakesEdited on 5/16/12
- Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter FrostingEdited on 5/11/12 More ›
Alphabetical Article List
SPIDERMAN CUPCAKE TOPPERS
Posted by angelgaby1243
I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A WAY TO MAKE SPIDERMAN CUPCAKE TOPPERS THAT WERE EASY. ONCE TAKING A GOOD LOOK THROUGH MY SUPPLIES, I EXPERIMENTED AND CAME UP WITH THIS. I MADE THESE FOR MY SON'S 3RD BRITHDAY. THANKS FOR WATCHING
List of Materials
- 1' ROUND CUTTER (BUT WHAT EVER WORKS, DEPENDING ON THE SIZE OF YOUR CUPCAKE)
- RED, BLACK,AND WHITE FONDANT
- FONDANT GLUE
- SMALL LEAF CUTTER (I USED THE WILTON BRAND, IT COMES AS A SET OF 3,THEY HAVE THE CURVED POINT AND THEY DIDN'T HAVE THE RIDGES LIKE OTHERS I'VE SEEN.)
- SMALL OVAL CUTTER (AGAIN, I USED THE WILTON BRAND THAT COMES IN 3 SIZE PACK. )
- BLACK EDIBLE INK MARKER
- SMALL SHARP CUTTING DEVICE
I FIRST CUT OUT MY ROUNDS AND LET THEM DRY OVER NIGHT, THAT WAY WHEN I USE THE BLACK PEN ON IT, IT WONT DRAG THE FONDANT.
THEN I USE MY RULER AND BLACK PEN TO MARK THE LINES, I MADE ONLY 8 SLICE MARKS, YOU CAN ADD MORE DETAIL DEPENDING ON THE SIZE THAT YOU'RE WORKING WITH.
THEN I START WORKING ON THE WEBB EFFECT BY MAKING CURVED LINES CURVING IN TOWARD THE CENTER.
THIS IS HOW IT LOOKS LIKE WHEN IT'S FINISHED... WHILE THOSE DRY, YOU CAN START CUTTING YOUR FONDANT FOR THE EYE PART. NOTE: WHEN I FIRST DID IT, I DIDN'T WAIT FOR THE BLACK INK. TO DRY AND THE BLACK INK RUNSWITH THE GLUE WHEN YOU TRY TO STICK THE FRESH WHITE FONDANT!!
SONEXT I CUT OUT THE EYE PARTS.
YOU CAN SEE THAT I CUT THE OVAL PART HALF WAY DIAGONALLY.
ONCE IM DONE WITH MY CUT OUTS I START PUTTING IT TOGETHER.
THEN I ARRANGE THE WHITE PART OF THE EYE, WITH CLEAN WASHED HANDS AFTER ATTATCHING THE BLACK EYE PART, BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT TO STAIN THE WHITE PART ;)
AND THIS IS HOW THE FINISHED PRODUCT LOOKS LIKE! HOPE YOU GIVE IT A TRY, AND FOUND IT EASY! =)
HAVE FUN! THE KIDS LOVED IT! AND ALL THE PARENTS WERE VERY IMPRESSED AND GOT A COUPLE ORDERS ON THE SPOT! LOL, BUT THEY WERE ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT LOOK HARD AND TAKE A LONG TIME BUT WERE TRULLY THE EASIEST I'VE MADE. THANKS FOR WATCHING!
- Key Lime Cupcakes
Currently, there are 1019 Active Users (23 Members and 996 Guests)
- › Post your WORST cake!! (cpntinued since after the crash) 4 minutes ago
- › How much do people think a cake costs to make??? 5 minutes ago
- › Questions about Wilton serving chart 29 minutes ago
- › Pricing question 31 minutes ago
- › This Vs. That 32 minutes ago
- › How do I make the lanterns sturdy on this Rapunzel cake? 41 minutes ago
- › told I'm 'too expensive' 45 minutes ago
- › Cakes didn't survive the trip :-( 52 minutes ago
- › Popular Wedding Cake Styles 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Need Help with Price 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan