How To Make a Gumpaste Bow
Edited on 2/12/07
- Horse TutorialEdited on 10/25/12
- How To Make a "Tangled" Tower Cake (Rapunzel)Edited on 10/9/12
- How to Make Angry Bird Letter on Cake
Alphabetical Article List
Simple Bow Tutorial
Posted by mrsmudrash
I came up with this simple way to make a bow that involves only two pieces of modeling chocolate. I make this using modeling chocolate because it sets up almost right away and it easy to handle, although you can make it with fondant or gumpaste. No worries about ruffling or tufting anything...just use the template to cut out your chocolate, then fold your edges together and you're basically done! Enjoy!
List of Materials
- Modeling chocolate
- Rolling pin
Print out the template to whatever size bow you'd like. Cut the template out and place it on your rolled out modeling chocolate.
Cut out the modeling chocolate around the template.
Make sure you cut a bit extra length on the side so you have a strip for the center of the bow. Remove excess modeling chocolate and store away.
Fold left edge to center.
Fold right edge to center.
You're almost done! - looking like a little bow now isn't it!? :)
Put the strip you cut out earlier over the center and tuck it behind the bow.
Use a little melted chocolate to attach it to your favorite purse, shoe or cake! Enjoy!
- Horse Tutorial
- › Heavy cream left out 4 minutes ago
- › sugar paste losing its colour? 4 minutes ago
- › How long did you need to find a good business name? 9 minutes ago
- › helpp please 34 minutes ago
- › Can I do a cake recipe but use a smaller tin to what it says ? 41 minutes ago
- › Moldes 50 minutes ago
- › How do I fill a 3D Train Cake? 50 minutes ago
- › Using SPS for the first time and I am terrified! 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › onion domes. 2 hours, 1 minute ago
- › What tool do you wish you had never bought? 2 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking