Edited on 10/25/12
- How To Make a "Tangled" Tower Cake (Rapunzel)Edited on 10/9/12
- How to Make Angry Bird Letter on CakeEdited on 8/21/12
- Cake Pop Problems & Tutorial
Alphabetical Article List
HOW TO MAKE RED HEARTS INSIDE THE CAKE
Posted by al-tomczak
First thing Im very sorry for my English, but Im Polish who live in Italy.
In a last few days I saw on this web site a lot of different cake insert techniques which I liked very much. So I invented my own! It is very easy and simple, you dont have to use any complicated tools. I used this techniques when I made a cake for my husband for our 4th wedding anniversary, and he was very moved when he saw surprise inside the cake. I hope you will like it as much as I do!
List of Materials
- Rectangular pan for chocolate mud cake. I used 8 ¾ x 12 (21 x 30cm)
- Two or more empty beans can, the higher the better. I used Ø 2 ¾ x 4 (Ø7 x 10cm)
- Little hacksaw for metal.
- Sharp knife
- Backing sheets / backing paper
- Chocolate mud cake
- Red velvet or other red color cake
- A lot of white filling. I used cheese cream filling.
Cut out protruding edge of cans, then smooth the edge with sandpaper (Photo 1).
If yours can are smooth just skip out this step.
Put round piece of backing paper on the bottom inside each of cans and another one around the walls. Make sure that the paper is much more high than the can. This prevent that cake run out of the can in case it grow up too much (Photo 2).
Bake chocolate mud cake in rectangular pan and red velvet in beans cans. Them let them cool (Photo 3).
Cut chocolate mud cake in two thin layers.
With sharp knife cut along each of red cylinders in four quarter (Photo 4).
Cut out along each quarter a triangle piece of cake (Photo 5).
When you watch your red cylinder on the top you have to cut it as it show on Photo 6. Can you see four red hearts?
Put inside of rectangular backing pan first chocolate mud cake layer with the smooth surface down (Photo 7).
Put a thin layer of filling (Photo 8).
Put red hearts UP SIDE DOWN (Photo 9) on filling.
Press gently (Photo 10).
Cover with a rest of filling and put on the top the second layer of chocolate mud cake. (Upss! I forgot to make a photo of this two steps) Cover cake pan with cake board (Photo 11) and put the cake in refrigerator for a few hours.
Take the cake out from the refrigerator and TURN IT UP SIDE DOWN! Now hearts inside the cake are in the right position!
Cover cake with icing and fondant as you wish and it is done!
- How To Make a "Tangled" Tower Cake (Rapunzel)
- › Separating buttercream..? 20 minutes ago
- › Help Help please :( 33 minutes ago
- › Suggestions please. Heel for a shoe 38 minutes ago
- › ciroc bottle label 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › 2D horse cake head for 30 people how big? help!!! 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › Castle Cake - Question regarding decoration of turrets 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › Questions about SugarVeil Icing 3 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › partnering with a venue 3 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › Guitar cake servings from 9x13 or 11x15 3 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Guitar cake 3 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950