Related Forum Threads
- First Birthday Cake...... Last post on 12/3/12 at 11:36am in Cake Decorating
- 18th Birthday Cake for a male! Last post on 12/8/12 at 7:59am in Cake Decorating
- Ideas for alpahbet themed 1st birthday Last post on 11/24/12 at 9:06pm in Cake Decorating
- Ideas for a 20th birthday cake for a guy? Last post on 11/24/12 at 10:45am in Cake Decorating
Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Edited on 11/15/10
- Neopolitan Bundt CakeEdited on 4/25/04
- Strawberry Butter Cream FillingEdited on 5/19/08
- Snickerdoodle Cake w/Cinnamon Buttercream
Alphabetical Article List
How To Make Chocolate Cigarellos (Nati's Way)
Posted by boonenati
This is the cheater's way of doing choc cigarettes, it's time consuming but it's foolproof, and after many failed attempts at real ones, im going to settle for these :D Items Required
- Non toxic marker (suitable for writing on plastic)
- Hot water
- Sticky tape
- Spatula or flat knife
- Hobby knife
Before starting on this you will need to cut up your acetate. I had really large sheets of acetate for this project so I cut it up in this way. They were all cut even because i wanted to ensure all the cigarettes were the same size, but if you want the uneven different sized ones, then you can cut them without measuring or marking the acetate. NOTE: You can use vinyl instead of acetate for doing this, but the disadvantage of that is that you wont get the shine on the chocolate, that you will get using acetate 1. Melt your chocolate in a double boiler. I do it this way, boil some water in the kettle, put the boling water in a pot, then set my bowl with the chocolate on top. This is enough heat to melt your chocolate, when the water starts to cool down, i keep taking parts of it out (not all) and topping up with more boiling water. For this project I melted one bowl of white chocolate and one of dark.
2. Spread a thin layer of chocolate onto the acetate sheet using a spatula or knife. Ensure that your chocolate is spread only up to the line you drew earlier .
3. Bend the piece of acetate into a roll, tucking in the outer part so that the two edges that have chocolate on them are touching.
4. Stick with a piece of tape. Be careful as this is a tricky part, and if your tape gets any grease from the chocolate on it then it won't stick. This is where it helps to have an assistant. Thanks Fran :)
5. Place the tubes on a plate and put them in the freezer for at least 20 minutes or until you're ready to use them on your cake.
6. Take them out of the freezer, using a sharp knife or hobby knife slit the tape.
7. The acetate will pop open and the cigearette will be ready for you to use .
8. Carefully remove it from the plastic and set aside .
9. To make marbled ones, place a small amount of white chocolate on the plastic, spread it in random patterns with the back of your spoon .
10. Using your knife or spatula spread some dark chocolate over the top, following the same procedure as above ensuring you dont go over the line.
11. Tape up and freeze as before.
These cakes were done using the cigarettes that were done with the measured pieces
And this one was done with pieces cut free hand.
- Neopolitan Bundt Cake
Currently, there are 1051 Active Users (23 Members and 1028 Guests)
- › Recognize these cutters? 16 minutes ago
- › Not TOO sweet Fondant 18 minutes ago
- › icings like little debbie snacks 19 minutes ago
- › Never using BC again under fondant 19 minutes ago
- › How to stack a tiered rosette cake 25 minutes ago
- › Looking for universal cake filling that is not too sweet, lasts ... 26 minutes ago
- › cake pics with prices 26 minutes ago
- › How difficult it is to say no to a relative's request for a cake???? 37 minutes ago
- › Need help finding a specific impression mat 46 minutes ago
- › Boxing cakes for delivery 48 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net