Peacock Tail Cake Tutorial
Edited on 7/3/12
- How to Make a Gumpaste Lego NinjaEdited on 6/20/12
- How To Make a Fondant Converse Sneaker Shoe - Template & VideoEdited on 5/7/12
- How to make the Angry Birds
Alphabetical Article List
How To Make a Fondant Fairy
Posted by Liis
Learn to make an adorable little fondant fairy and gumpaste pink fairy with step by step photos and instructions
You need to color your fondant mass first to get all the colors you need.
For the skin color I use little ivory and soft pink. Make enough for hands legs and head.
FAIRY 1 (Pink Fairy)
Choose your dress, accessory and hair color and prepare the fondant. If you dont have mold for the face make one from gumpaste and dry it for few days Mold for the face is made from this doll.
Prepare the plate or a base for your figure. I always cover any base with plastic wrap. It will make it easier to get your figure off from the base to put it on the cake.
I always start from the legs. Make two legs and place them in the position you want on the base.
Position your molded legs the way you want
Then add the body. You should make the body piece inside pretty skinny as you will be adding fondant to it and it can became easily very fat looking fairy.
Add the body. It is good to add some gumtex in the fondant for the body so it will keep its shape. You dont need to add gumtex for any other part except if you want the hands to stay up without support.
When you have made the body, make the head and start with the skirt or dress. I use here for the skirt flower petal type pieces When finished with the dress I make sure that I havent pressed the pieces too tight on the board. With a thin spatula I unglue them and change their places. You could also put some icing sugar on the base for easy removing later. It is easy to do if fondant hasnt dried yet. If your body mass inside is the color you want for the upper part of the dress mold out the hands, if not, start making the upper part of the dress.
Then add hands and arms to the body
If you want to decorate the collar then now it is the time to do it. Also add the pre-molded head & sleeves if you wish.
You notice in the pictures that pink fairy will be much chubbier looking than the white one. White fairy doesnt have extra layer of fondant on her upper part of the dress
Basic hair then add tiny rolled lines to make curly hair.
This is the part that takes most of the time making the figure.
Now paint the face and detail on the dress.
Wings from petal shapes and finished fairy.
Note: For an extra realistic effect, you can create realistic edible wings
FAIRY 2 (White Fairy)
- How to Make a Gumpaste Lego Ninja
- › My newest "trick" 11 minutes ago
- › fondant decorations 17 minutes ago
- › Fondant Tort Line 19 minutes ago
- › Why did my fondant decorations soften? 22 minutes ago
- › Using BC in molds 24 minutes ago
- › Please help! Frozen frosted cake needs to be fondanted. 24 minutes ago
- › Which type of buttercream stays better? 48 minutes ago
- › Recipe like the Publix Beehive Cake? 49 minutes ago
- › Returns... 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Hiding Bumpy fondant....HELP!!! Please 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking