Edited on 10/25/12
- How To Make a "Tangled" Tower Cake (Rapunzel)Edited on 10/9/12
- How to Make Angry Bird Letter on CakeEdited on 8/21/12
- HOW TO MAKE RED HEARTS INSIDE THE CAKE
Alphabetical Article List
2D Horse head cake.
Posted by jackie0970
Hello everyone. I have made this tutorial for anyone wanting to make a 2D horse head. Showing the stages of how to get the shape, crumb coat, how it looks with fondant on and the finished result.
List of Materials
- square cake tin, knife, edible pen(optional) spatula
I used a 10" square cake tin, to get the shape you can either cut with a knife free hand or use an edible marker pen first.
Cut the cake in half and fill with a filling of your choice. I used strawberry jam and Swiss meringue butter cream.
Apply a crumb coat, then place in the fridge for about 30mins, i then applied a second coat and put back in the fridge but this is down to preference not everyone does a second coat. Crumb coating is for catching the crumbs so they don`t go into the fondant, but also for your fondant to adhere to the cake.
Apply the fondant, eye and hair. I made the hair with a makins clay gun. http://www.makinsclay.com/US/eng/products/ultimate.htm.
Make straps with black fondant. I used a stitching wheel and then applied Confectioners glaze to make the straps look shiny.
Grass piping tip for the cake board.
Finished cake. Hope you all like it. I looked at a number of horses head cakes on Google, so if you have made one of these thank you as i probably studied it lol.
Another angle of the finished cake. Hope you liked the picture tutorial. Jackie Smith.
- How To Make a "Tangled" Tower Cake (Rapunzel)
- › fondant decorations 6 minutes ago
- › Which type of buttercream stays better? 8 minutes ago
- › Recipe like the Publix Beehive Cake? 9 minutes ago
- › Returns... 26 minutes ago
- › Hiding Bumpy fondant....HELP!!! Please 28 minutes ago
- › Altered cake mix failures 48 minutes ago
- › Virgin train cake - just had to share! 51 minutes ago
- › My newest "trick" 1 hour ago
- › White chocolate peanut butter cake 1 hour ago
- › topsy turvy pan set 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking