thats a nice topic here. I got some really good ideas that i will defenetly trie out.
So, what do i use myself.
1. I have one garlic press to do the hair.
2. Stole some of my kids lego pieces. Washed them and now i keep them separately just for me. (Icc hiding from the boys.) Legos have so cool different stamp pieces. I did a brick wall on fondant with them. also really easy to press the windows in. Just look at the different pieces and let the imagination run
3. i couldnt find a mold for a baby face. so for a long time i tried to do it without a mold. it was really time consuming and never came out the way i wanted. So i bought one little baby doll. pressed the gumpaste in its face and left it to drie. now i have a perfect mold for the nose , mouth and eyes.
4. play doh toys are really cool too. Bought also kids plastic scisors which cut different shapes on the sides. works great too for a ribbon or something.
5. i also use the piping tips to do stamps on the fondant. some are really nice.