Originally Posted by Nadiaa
OMG costumeczar!!! Ewwwww!!! I did not know that, how gross!
It's propylene glycol, it's in a lot of things including antifreeze, but it sounds gross and makes people realize that they're eating lab-produced crap when they have a cake mix.
And I had to use some mixes today because I'm doing a tv show tomorrow and didn't want to waste good cake on a demo. It is the nastiest tasting stuff I've had in a long time. I now understand why people go crazy when they try my chocolate cake and say they usually don't like chocolate cake but they like mine. It actually tastes like chocolate, not like... I don't know what, nothing. If people are used to eating "chocolate" like that it's a sad thing indeed.