I am not able to attend classes so most of my learning is done from books and a little imagination inspiration and luck and improvisation . So there are many times i have to wing it. I also do a lot of competition work so getting it right is important.
so what about the tips you don't find in books or the equipment that has been recycled into our work space.
i bet these little nuggets would help us all. so here is a few of mine.
- inner tubes from bulks of material and carpets as formers they come in all sorts of diameters and can be cut to length.
- use a bath sponge cut a hole in it the size of you bottle and insert the bottle it prevents it from being knocked over and catches any drips.
- when using fine wires push short lengths of drinking straws into dry oasis place your petal wire into the straw to support it whle the petal dries.
- rubbing white fat onto powder colour spills prevents staining and aids clean up
- use tylo powder and vodka to make your glue - the vodka prevents bacteria growth.
- use a halogen lamp to speed the drying of petals.