Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating Business › Constructive Criticism/Feedback for my Website
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Constructive Criticism/Feedback for my Website - Page 3

post #31 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunaNicole View Post
 

You guys might want to look into BakeMark.  

 

What's BakeMark?  Googling.....

post #32 of 38

I'm at a point where all I really need, besides ingredients, are specialty items. I rarely use shortening so when I do, Crisco is fine. I use Fondarific and get it from Amazon.com, even though I hate to pay shipping, their price is good enough that it balances out.

post #33 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymtnbaker View Post
 

 

What's BakeMark?  Googling.....

 

BakeMark is a wholesaler to business.  I can't remember if you have a business?  It doesn't have to be a storefront.  BakeMark's are all over the country.  There is one just 5 miles from me.  I just received a price list on a bunch of their products.  Some stuff is a savings, while other items don't seem to be.  But what I am most excited about is the 50 lbs of Sweetex for $84!  They also have 50 lbs 10x sugar for $24 (half off here) and sugar that is about 25% less than a store.  

 

For BakeMark you can do will call or have a delivery truck come to your place of business. 

post #34 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcee View Post
 

I'm at a point where all I really need, besides ingredients, are specialty items. I rarely use shortening so when I do, Crisco is fine. I use Fondarific and get it from Amazon.com, even though I hate to pay shipping, their price is good enough that it balances out.

 

Elcee, I've tried Duff's fondant (which is apparently Fondarific with his name on it) and found that it was way too soft to handle.  I wouldn't be able to get it on a cake without stretching it out.  What do you do to cover cakes with it successfully?  I do like that it is a tastier brand.  BUT, it won't be tasty at all if I can't get it on the cake!  :) 

post #35 of 38

I just got a sample pack of Fondarific and the flavors are definitely yummy. But I can make it for less, using Michele Foster's recipe, and it is really nice to work with. Just did a practice cake with it this week...

AppleMark

 

I'll definitely have to look into BakeMark a little more..I do have a business, so maybe it'll be worth it for me.

post #36 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymtnbaker View Post
 

I just got a sample pack of Fondarific and the flavors are definitely yummy. But I can make it for less, using Michele Foster's recipe, and it is really nice to work with. Just did a practice cake with it this week...

AppleMark

 

I'll definitely have to look into BakeMark a little more..I do have a business, so maybe it'll be worth it for me.

 

Love this cake!!  Did you have to leave the fondarific out to get firmer after modeling?

post #37 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunaNicole View Post

Love this cake!!  Did you have to leave the fondarific out to get firmer after modeling?

Thank you! I actually used homemade fondant for this one. The ruffles are 50/50 gum paste and fondant, and the ribbon roses are fondant. I haven't played with the fondarific samples I got yet.
post #38 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunaNicole View Post
 

 

Elcee, I've tried Duff's fondant (which is apparently Fondarific with his name on it) and found that it was way too soft to handle.  I wouldn't be able to get it on a cake without stretching it out.  What do you do to cover cakes with it successfully?  I do like that it is a tastier brand.  BUT, it won't be tasty at all if I can't get it on the cake!  :)

 

It is really soft. I roll it out and then let it sit for a few minutes before putting it on the cake...roll out fondant in cake decorating room, mosey downstairs to refrigerator to get crumb-coated cake, mosey back upstairs with cake, mist the cake with water, clear a spot on my table for it because I forgot before I started, by the time I'm ready to cover the cake, 6 or 7 minutes have passed :lol:. When I first started using it, I mixed it with Wilton, and then slowly decreased the Wilton until I was using all Fondarific. I don't like their flavored fondants, though.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cake Decorating Business
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating Business › Constructive Criticism/Feedback for my Website