Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › new cake leveler/torter...very excited!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

new cake leveler/torter...very excited! - Page 5

post #61 of 115

I swear I'll ask to take my AGBAY with me when I go to heaven to make angel food cakes.  LOVE that thing.  And by the way dental floss works great but not for torting thin layers.  The only comment about the AGBAY is that you have to start out at 1" and I've wished some times that it was a half inch but of course you can always raise your cake up a bit off the counter.  Don't tell the people at AGBAY but I've actually used the cake blade to slice a cake dummy in half - I have the separate foam dummy blade but was in a hurry and didn't bother to change it.  Worked great!  The AGBAY rules!

post #62 of 115
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseNH View Post

I swear I'll ask to take my AGBAY with me when I go to heaven to make angel food cakes.  LOVE that thing.  And by the way dental floss works great but not for torting thin layers.  The only comment about the AGBAY is that you have to start out at 1" and I've wished some times that it was a half inch but of course you can always raise your cake up a bit off the counter.  Don't tell the people at AGBAY but I've actually used the cake blade to slice a cake dummy in half - I have the separate foam dummy blade but was in a hurry and didn't bother to change it.  Worked great!  The AGBAY rules!
Really? I thought you could slice every 1/4" with the Agbay? The picture on their site shows a beautiful red & white cake with very thin slices. I guess they used cake boards to raise it and slice. However they did it creates a stunning effect. As I said, I cannot nor do I wish to compete with the Agbay. I want to compete with the Wilton, Fat Daddio market.
post #63 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCouture View Post

The picture is soooo tiny, but it looks very nice! I want a jet black one! And a soft baby pink. And a ocean blue. And polka dots!


aaand suddenly I have discovered I need a polka dot cake stand. My husband does not thank you, hehe.

post #64 of 115
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrumdiddlycakes View Post


aaand suddenly I have discovered I need a polka dot cake stand. My husband does not thank you, hehe.
Lol... I really did not expect this level of interest. If any of you were to order a stand, what size would you be interested in. The natural wood one will be 14 and I am have a bunch of the 13" circles.
post #65 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterUpCake View Post

Really? I thought you could slice every 1/4" with the Agbay? The picture on their site shows a beautiful red & white cake with very thin slices. I guess they used cake boards to raise it and slice. However they did it creates a stunning effect. As I said, I cannot nor do I wish to compete with the Agbay. I want to compete with the Wilton, Fat Daddio market.

The Agbay is completely adjustable. You can adjust it less than 1/8" if you want. I believe that poster was referring to the guidelines on the side which start at 1".

www.VeryDeliciousDesserts.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Delicious-Desserts/207874222593145

 

It's never "just cake!"

 

You may get a cake for $way to little but you won't get this cake!

Animal
(4 photos)
 
Reply

www.VeryDeliciousDesserts.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Delicious-Desserts/207874222593145

 

It's never "just cake!"

 

You may get a cake for $way to little but you won't get this cake!

Animal
(4 photos)
 
Reply
post #66 of 115
Love the idea of stands.

Told ya they'd be popular!

www.VeryDeliciousDesserts.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Delicious-Desserts/207874222593145

 

It's never "just cake!"

 

You may get a cake for $way to little but you won't get this cake!

Animal
(4 photos)
 
Reply

www.VeryDeliciousDesserts.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Delicious-Desserts/207874222593145

 

It's never "just cake!"

 

You may get a cake for $way to little but you won't get this cake!

Animal
(4 photos)
 
Reply
post #67 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousDesserts View Post

Love the idea of stands.

Told ya they'd be popular!

thumbs_up.gif
post #68 of 115
Thread Starter 

Thanks for the idea DD.....Studying up on non toxic paints and finishes right now....

post #69 of 115
Thread Starter 

This one is 14" mahogany. Can be stained or left natural (I'm not going to paint mahogany!)...Haven't picked it up yet

post #70 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterUpCake View Post

This one is 14" mahogany. Can be stained or left natural (I'm not going to paint mahogany!)...Haven't picked it up yet

You sound like my husband. Refuses to paint mahogany or walnut. icon_biggrin.gif
post #71 of 115
Thread Starter 

It just has such a beautiful grain. I know there are people who want natural wood stands....

post #72 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterUpCake View Post

It just has such a beautiful grain. I know there are people who want natural wood stands....

thumbs_up.gif YES!!

Let's eat grandma. Let's eat, grandma. Punctuation saves lives.
Reply
Let's eat grandma. Let's eat, grandma. Punctuation saves lives.
Reply
post #73 of 115
Thread Starter 

Darnit...just realized the picture I tried posting earlier isn't here!

post #74 of 115
Woowee, she's purdy!
Was that the 14"?
Let's eat grandma. Let's eat, grandma. Punctuation saves lives.
Reply
Let's eat grandma. Let's eat, grandma. Punctuation saves lives.
Reply
post #75 of 115
Thread Starter 

yes...he is putting a little darker finish on it right now

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cake Decorating
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › new cake leveler/torter...very excited!