Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › Something Fishy Going On..Should I Care?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Something Fishy Going On..Should I Care? - Page 8

post #106 of 123

Shebysuz, your hair is beautiful!!  I also grew up in the 80's/90's and had huge teased out hair, too!  Aqua Net was my best friend!  I was really skinny and people said I looked like a lollipop with huge hair and tight jeans! lol 

Ms Pinky LaRue, LLC -  Licensed, Inspected, Insured and Legal!

Reply

Ms Pinky LaRue, LLC -  Licensed, Inspected, Insured and Legal!

Reply
post #107 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by knlcox View Post

Shebysuz, your hair is beautiful!!  I also grew up in the 80's/90's and had huge teased out hair, too!  Aqua Net was my best friend!  I was really skinny and people said I looked like a lollipop with huge hair and tight jeans! lol 

I tell my daughter she looks like a lollipop with her big head, lol! 

Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
Reply
Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
Reply
post #108 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by shebysuz View Post

ok , GROUP BOOBIE HUG! HAHAH !!

Yeah! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by knlcox View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefat View Post

 

same here.

 

I see a lot of people selling their cakes on FB (or even here) and they are jacked UP and just messy all over. And people post things like "ohh incredible" "beautiful". I think that is almost as jacked up as the cake looks...only mothers should do that. Also I'm all for positive encouragement but not  out and out fabrications. 

I see that all the time!!! I just want to poke my eyes out when I see a very messy, uneven, dirty, fingerprinted, booger stained cake and people are saying "You should sell these!" or "You should start your own business I bet you'd make a lot of money".  I have a ton of FB friends and when I post a cake disaster for fun they always say stupid things like that!   Really chaps my hide!

I see that all the time, I have several FB friends who have cake fiends, and now that facebook shows everything you do, I see where there are comments on cakes that look worse than my first cake, when I was 8. "Oh wow! who made that? I love it!" That is the best.cake.ever!" I really feel like chopped liver, after that!

Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
Reply
Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
Reply
post #109 of 123
Thread Starter 
Oh those nasty , bulging, slumped over boogie stained cakes drive me insane too! It is a crime against Cakedom . I have seen Fb pages from people who supposedly went to pastry school whose cakes look like ass. I wont post any pictures because that would make me mean as a snake, but I just look at these monstrosities and say "yikes" or " oh my!" Beginners are one thing, Lord knows my first few cakes had some serious issues... But these people have them for sale. While I'm at it, my pet peeve is cake pictures with a big mess in the background. Powdered sugar everywhere, can of crisco, dirty dishes, and dirty cake tools strewn about. icon_sad.gif
post #110 of 123
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by knlcox View Post

Shebysuz, your hair is beautiful!!  I also grew up in the 80's/90's and had huge teased out hair, too!  Aqua Net was my best friend!  I was really skinny and people said I looked like a lollipop with huge hair and tight jeans! lol 

Thank You! It took a lot of years and a lot of different hairdressers to finally get it right. I also used Aqua Net...the white can with pink writing was my fave. Super extra hold I think it was. What were we thinking!? I teased out the sides really big, then the top as high as I could get it, but we never did anything to the very back so we all looked like freakin aircraft carriers from the side. icon_lol.gif

post #111 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by shebysuz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by knlcox View Post

Shebysuz, your hair is beautiful!!  I also grew up in the 80's/90's and had huge teased out hair, too!  Aqua Net was my best friend!  I was really skinny and people said I looked like a lollipop with huge hair and tight jeans! lol 

Thank You! It took a lot of years and a lot of different hairdressers to finally get it right. I also used Aqua Net...the white can with pink writing was my fave. Super extra hold I think it was. What were we thinking!? I teased out the sides really big, then the top as high as I could get it, but we never did anything to the very back so we all looked like freakin aircraft carriers from the side. icon_lol.gif

That was my mom's peeve with the hair. She would look around at all the crazy teased hair, and ask, "Doesn't anyone realize they have a back to their head?" I must've heard her say it 100 times. lol

Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
Reply
Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
Reply
post #112 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes View Post

That was my mom's peeve with the hair. She would look around at all the crazy teased hair, and ask, "Doesn't anyone realize they have a back to their head?" I must've heard her say it 100 times. lol

Oh I did tease the back! I looked like a lollipop from all the way around!  I didn't like the halo look a lot of girls wore back then. Maybe a bonnet look, not a halo.   LOL  I absolutely hate looking at my pics from high school!!  I couldn't believe my parents let me leave the house that way!!  Actually, nevermind that last comment. I have a 17 year old who has hair down his back and shaves the sides of his head and I let him leave the house looking just like that.  Haha! 

Ms Pinky LaRue, LLC -  Licensed, Inspected, Insured and Legal!

Reply

Ms Pinky LaRue, LLC -  Licensed, Inspected, Insured and Legal!

Reply
post #113 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by shebysuz View Post

Oh those nasty , bulging, slumped over boogie stained cakes drive me insane too! It is a crime against Cakedom . I have seen Fb pages from people who supposedly went to pastry school whose cakes look like ass. I wont post any pictures because that would make me mean as a snake, but I just look at these monstrosities and say "yikes" or " oh my!" Beginners are one thing, Lord knows my first few cakes had some serious issues... But these people have them for sale. While I'm at it, my pet peeve is cake pictures with a big mess in the background. Powdered sugar everywhere, can of crisco, dirty dishes, and dirty cake tools strewn about. icon_sad.gif

I am all for beginners starting out and not noticing details and stuff.  Heck when I first started coming to this site years ago I noticed how clean other cakes were compared to mine.  I just NEVER tried selling them! lol  And everyone would look at my photo and say how beautiful and wonderful it was.  I could show you my very first cake ever! Everyone raved over it and said I should become a decorator. I knew better! CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 85

This is the cake that everyone said "beautiful" or "You should sell these!!"  or "OMG!!"  Haha. This was years ago.  Imagine trying to sell that? 

Ms Pinky LaRue, LLC -  Licensed, Inspected, Insured and Legal!

Reply

Ms Pinky LaRue, LLC -  Licensed, Inspected, Insured and Legal!

Reply
post #114 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by knlcox View Post

I am all for beginners starting out and not noticing details and stuff.  Heck when I first started coming to this site years ago I noticed how clean other cakes were compared to mine.  I just NEVER tried selling them! lol  And everyone would look at my photo and say how beautiful and wonderful it was.  I could show you my very first cake ever! Everyone raved over it and said I should become a decorator. I knew better! CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 85

This is the cake that everyone said "beautiful" or "You should sell these!!"  or "OMG!!"  Haha. This was years ago.  Imagine trying to sell that? 

Well your customer there seems very satisfied with it! That's all that matters lol...(but I think you have a flat tire...lol)

post #115 of 123
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by knlcox View Post

I am all for beginners starting out and not noticing details and stuff.  Heck when I first started coming to this site years ago I noticed how clean other cakes were compared to mine.  I just NEVER tried selling them! lol  And everyone would look at my photo and say how beautiful and wonderful it was.  I could show you my very first cake ever! Everyone raved over it and said I should become a decorator. I knew better! CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 85

This is the cake that everyone said "beautiful" or "You should sell these!!"  or "OMG!!"  Haha. This was years ago.  Imagine trying to sell that? 

 

***********************************************************************

The little feller looks mighty happy with it! How long ago was this cake? When I first started making cakes, a friend hinted that I should make her son a Lightning McQueen cake. Her kid's Birthday was only a few days away and I started back peddling saying that I would need more time to gather special decorating ingredients, dry run a few techniques and that it takes time to figure out a design plan. She just looked at me and said "well, you can use M& M's for the headlights and those little candy eyeballs for the eyes!" DOH! Yeah, and I can also slap some oreos on for wheels and use a butter knife to frost it and I will be done! Yay! All snarkiness aside, the cake in the photo is exactly like the ones my mom used to make for us kids while we were growing up, so I think it's cute in a retro-chic kind of way!!!thumbs_up.gif

post #116 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by shebysuz "well, you can use M& M's for the headlights and those little candy eyeballs for the eyes!" " Wow...it sounds like you have it all figured out! You should totally make it!!! Send me pictures when you are done!" in your sweetest, most complimentary voice possible
post #117 of 123

This is one of my cake wrecks...Poor grover with no arms. They fell off and look at that horrid wrinkling around the cake. This was for cake class not a customer.

post #118 of 123

LMAO....I'm sorry but armless Grover made me laugh...As well as the fact that he is jumping out of a cake like an old time stripper. Thanks for sharing...I needed a grin. "You've come a long way, Baby" old advert slogan but very fitting

post #119 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterUpCake View Post

LMAO....I'm sorry but armless Grover made me laugh...As well as the fact that he is jumping out of a cake like an old time stripper. Thanks for sharing...I needed a grin. "You've come a long way, Baby" old advert slogan but very fitting

Old time stripper!!  LOL!!!

Ms Pinky LaRue, LLC -  Licensed, Inspected, Insured and Legal!

Reply

Ms Pinky LaRue, LLC -  Licensed, Inspected, Insured and Legal!

Reply
post #120 of 123

He was very happy! The tires ended up totally flat but I didn't care to notice at the time.  That cake was about 4 years ago.  Really, I'm thinking about redoing that cake just to see how well it comes out now.  lol  Maybe not much better considering it's buttercream and my tires may just go flat again! 

Ms Pinky LaRue, LLC -  Licensed, Inspected, Insured and Legal!

Reply

Ms Pinky LaRue, LLC -  Licensed, Inspected, Insured and Legal!

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cake Decorating
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › Something Fishy Going On..Should I Care?