I have a few free video lessons which may be useful for the group here.
I am a 25 year pastry chef, originally form Hamburg Germany. I come from a long line of pastry professionals in my family (fourth generation in fact).
This is one of my favourite cookies called an 'Almond Crescent' or in German 'Mandel Hoernchen'.
Hope you enjoy the video!
Here is the recipe as well for you:
Recipe Yield: 12 Cookies
- 200 g Almond Paste: DGF 50%
- 140 g Sugar
- 40 g Nuts: Almond Powder
- 20 g Honey
- 40 g Egg White
- 50 g Nuts: Almond Sliced
- Mix all the ingredients together except the flaked almonds.
- For large almond crescent, scale the dough in 50 gr. And shape it round and long.
- Roll each one in the flaked almonds and bake by 180c until golden brown.
- Immediately after baking brush them with gummi arabicum.
- Once cold dip the end in dark chocolate.
Feel free to ask me any questions at all about this video - hope you enjoy it!
Edited by MarcoRopke - 7/18/13 at 2:44pm