I made this cake this week and for some reason my butter-cream is cracking. Its no hotter or humid than usual, I did the same things that I always do. I just don't understand why its doing this. Any ideas?
cracking eal and zebra 2.jpg 425k .jpg file
- 1 stick butter (unsalted)
- 1 stick butter (salted)
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 lb bag of confectioner's sugar
- 3 teaspoons clear vanilla extract
- 5-6 tablespoons of milk (cold)
- Cream butter and shortening.
- Add clear vanilla extract then
- add confectioner's sugar.
- Allow confectioner's sugar to blend well then add milk.
- For thinner consistency, add more than 6 tablespoons of milk.