Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Recipes › Ganache recipe that uses whole milk and butter instead of cream?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ganache recipe that uses whole milk and butter instead of cream?

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 

I had the most wonderful ganache recipe made with whole milk and butter...it was divine...but have lost it.  Does anyone have a recipe that they know is great and made like this?  Much thanks...

Penfieldpat

Reply

Penfieldpat

Reply
post #2 of 15
2 part dark chocolate
1 part butter
1 part milk
post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 

Thank you soo much! icon_smile.gif

Penfieldpat

Reply

Penfieldpat

Reply
post #4 of 15

Thanks from me too.  It never entered my head to make ganache without cream.  I always have butter, milk and chocolate around, but not always cream.

post #5 of 15

Hi all,

Just wondering if this recipe for ganache sets hard like traditional ganache?

I will need to use it under fondant and to decorate cupcakes

thank you

post #6 of 15
How much is 2 parts dark chocolate
And 1 part butter
1 part milk
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizeth estrada View Post

How much is 2 parts dark chocolate
And 1 part butter
1 part milk

You use the ratio. 2:1:1

It just means for every 2 cups of dark chocolate, use 1 cup butter and 1 cup milk. 

If you used 1 cup chocolate, you would use 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup milk.

post #8 of 15
Ooo might try this, anybody know the method to this 2:1:1 recipe (i have never made any type of ganache before)
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezzabelle View Post

Ooo might try this, anybody know the method to this 2:1:1 recipe (i have never made any type of ganache before)

Melt the butter and heat the milk in a pan. Then add the chocolate. Mmmm mmmm good

post #10 of 15

Does it set up like the chocolate/cream ganache? Or is this more suitable for pouring?

post #11 of 15

This sounds really interesting. I'm going to give it a try.
 

post #12 of 15

If you use it immediately after it cools, it will be pourable. The longer you let it set, the more it will set up and be spreadable. 

post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bct806 View Post

You use the ratio. 2:1:1
It just means for every 2 cups of dark chocolate, use 1 cup butter and 1 cup milk. 
If you used 1 cup chocolate, you would use 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup milk.

Thanks
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bct806 View Post

Melt the butter and heat the milk in a pan. Then add the chocolate. Mmmm mmmm good

Thanks for that icon_smile.gif
post #15 of 15
I have on hand milk butter and semi chocolate chips and white Choc chips...do u think the white Choc chips would make a good ganach or would I have to use baking Choc for white Choc??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Recipes
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Recipes › Ganache recipe that uses whole milk and butter instead of cream?