Havent been on this forum for a very long time....starting to bake and sell cupcakes soon, however i made a red velvet recipe taken from the internet and made it however i found after baking them and leaving them SOME maybe 6 have come apart from the case. Not so much from the case but you can see the batter has teared from the case.
i baked one tray and left to cool on a rack and another tray i left inside the cupcake pan to cool. also storing i put it in a plastic container with lid shut, could this be the problem? im not sure if the cake recipe was to moist has i found there was batter stuck to the cupcake liner after eating abit more than usual.....
also heres the recipe for the cupcakes ( in uk metric )
300g caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 eggs, large
200g plain flour
70g self raising flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
20g cocoa powder
Red gel colour paste
- Start off by measuring out the milk in a jug, add the 25ml of malt vinegar, give it a quick stir and leave it to stand until later.
- Preheat the oven to 160c Fan/180c/Gas Mark 4.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well
- Weigh out all the dry ingredients into a bowl together.
- Now add the milk/vinegar and give the whole lot a good mix up.