Ok so here is what I found out when opening a small bakery in NH.
- You will need to submit a floorplan to the state. The health department can provide you with the application.
- With this application you will need to include the following:
- Proposed Menu or list of food and beverages to be offered.
- 2 copies of plans on 11x14 inch paper drawn to scale.
- The floor plan must include the following
- Location of all food equipment. Each piece of equipment must be clearly labeled, marked or identified
- location of specific areas where food is prepped
- Location of refrigeration - MUST BE COMMERCIAL REFRIGERATION IS REQUIRED. There must be adequate refrigeration and enough refrigeration space to maintain food temperatures and to properly cool food.
- Location of sinks
- Sinks required are:
- Handwashing sink.
- 3 Compartment Sink
- Food Prep Sink (only if you are having a sit-in restaurant)
- Service sink (mop sink)
- Location of toilet / restroom. At least 1 toilet is required. (does not have to be customer accessible if it is not a dine in facility)
- Location of dressing rooms / lockers for employees. (the guy told me this is not necessary and didn't even realize this was on the application)
- Location for the storage of poisonous or toxic materials
- Location for storage of clean / dirty linen
- Location of auxiliary areas such as storage rooms, basements and/or cellars used for storage or food preparation.
- HACCP plan (for specialized food processing like sushi)
- Finish Schedule (not sure exactly what this is. Still need clarification)
- Pest control plan - (again, need clarification on this as to if I am responsible or the owner of the building.
A commercial oven / range is not necessary - however, a convection oven is probably recommended. If using an electric range, a vented hood is not necessary.
This is all I have for now. I'll try to come back and update as I continue on.