Cake Central Top Picks
post #2 of 5
3/15/13 at 1:59pm
the video has english subtitles:
and here's a picture tutorial also:
hope that helps
post #3 of 5
3/15/13 at 5:53pm
- 796 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
this is a thick battered recipe that might work: 1-2-3-4 cake
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups sifted self-rising flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour 3 (9-inch) cake pans,.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter until fluffy.
- Add sugar and continue to cream well for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour and milk alternately to creamed mixture, beginning and ending with flour.
- Add vanilla and continue to beat until just mixed.
- Divide batter equally among prepared pans.
- Level batter in each pan by holding pan 3 or 4 inches above counter, then dropping it flat onto counter.
- Do this several times to release air bubbles and assure you of a more level cake.
Page 2 of 21-2-3-4 Cake (cont.)
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until done.
- Cool in pans 5 to 10 minutes.
- Invert cakes onto cooling racks.
- Cool completely and spread cake layers with your favorite frosting to make a 3-layer cake.
post #4 of 5
3/16/13 at 4:39pm