Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Recipes › Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 

I'm making chocolate cupcakes this weekend and I really want to pair it with a PB Buttercream frosting. I was wondering if anyone had a great recipe that has enough to frost about 30 medium-sized cupcakes? Thank you! icon_biggrin.gif

post #2 of 13

I just make my Italian Meringue buttercream and add enough peanut butter for my taste. The meringue buttercreams are a great base for other flavours.

post #3 of 13

This one is yummy, it's from Melissa from mycakeschool.com

 

1c. ( 256 grans) peanut butter (creamy)
8 T (113 grams) unsalted butter at room temp
2 c. ( 230 grams) Confectioner’s Sugar
3 Tablespoons ( 33 grams ) milk
2 teaspoons ( 8 grams ) vanilla extract
pinch of salt

Blend peanut butter and butter on low speed with electric mixer until fluffy. Add sugar, milk, vanilla and salt. Beat on low speed until fluffy again (2-3 minutes). Yields approx. 3 cups of frosting.

Dora Moreno
If you work with your hands you're a laborer. If you work with your hands and your mind you're a craftsman. If you work with your hands, your mind and your heart, you're an artist
Reply
Dora Moreno
If you work with your hands you're a laborer. If you work with your hands and your mind you're a craftsman. If you work with your hands, your mind and your heart, you're an artist
Reply
post #4 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaPeps View Post

I just make my Italian Meringue buttercream and add enough peanut butter for my taste. The meringue buttercreams are a great base for other flavours.


How does the Italian Buttercream taste alone? I'm giving a speech on making chocolate cupcakes and am bringing the cupcakes in for my classmates. One of them has a peanut allergy so I'm going to make hers PB-less.
post #5 of 13

There's a recipe here called "Peanut Butter Dream" that I use.  It's amazing.   Tastes just like a reese's cup.

Debbie - US Army (Retired) --aka "The Cake Sarge"

Good Cake Ain't Cheap! Cheap Cake Ain't Good!
Reply
Debbie - US Army (Retired) --aka "The Cake Sarge"

Good Cake Ain't Cheap! Cheap Cake Ain't Good!
Reply
post #6 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by doramoreno62 View Post

This one is yummy, it's from Melissa from mycakeschool.com

1c. ( 256 grans) peanut butter (creamy)

8 T (113 grams) unsalted butter at room temp

2 c. ( 230 grams) Confectioner’s Sugar

3 Tablespoons ( 33 grams ) milk

2 teaspoons ( 8 grams ) vanilla extract

pinch of salt
Blend peanut butter and butter on low speed with electric mixer until fluffy. Add sugar, milk, vanilla and salt. Beat on low speed until fluffy again (2-3 minutes). Yields approx. 3 cups of frosting.
Thank you! I'll have to try this sometime!
post #7 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaigle View Post

There's a recipe here called "Peanut Butter Dream" that I use.  It's amazing.   Tastes just like a reese's cup.

Ooh, that sounds yummy!!
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uvabunchies View Post

How does the Italian Buttercream taste alone? I'm giving a speech on making chocolate cupcakes and am bringing the cupcakes in for my classmates. One of them has a peanut allergy so I'm going to make hers PB-less.

If you flavour it with a good quality vanilla extract or paste it tastes just like ice cream. My recipe is:

5 egg whites/ 50g caster sugar

250g caster sugar/ 100ml water

500g unsalted room temp butter.

1-2 TBSP vanilla extract

Heat the sugar (250) and water, gently at first to dissolve the sugar then high heat. When that reaches 110C start whisking your egg whites, low speed to break them up, add the sugar (50) then gradually get faster until full speed. When the sugar is at 118C pour it in a slow steady stream into the egg whites. Let that whip until luke warm. Lower your mixer to the lowest setting and add your butter in one go and let it whip until it comes together.

Just have a read about it before hand as people seem to have trouble with the meringue buttercreams. This recipe has never failed me though. Always work with IMBC at room temp. If you chill it and then whip it and it splits/curdles, put it over a double boiler and whip it (I use an electric hand whisk).
post #9 of 13

I am a peanut butter addict...these don't last long in our house!!

 

http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/peanut-butter-cup-cupcakes/

Army wives****Sexually deprived for your freedom***
Reply
Army wives****Sexually deprived for your freedom***
Reply
post #10 of 13
I just made peanut butter frosting the other night for the first time and OMG, just give me a spoon and let me eat it right out of the bowl:D

I made my regular buttercream using Sharon Zambito's recipe and then added peanut butter until I had this wonderful blend and added little vanilla and done. It was so good! It isn't complicated and tastes great. Cannot wait to have another cake to use it on...lol.
Facebook: Pamela's Cakes & Confections

Pamela's Cakes & Confections is a home based business, inspected and approved by the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Food and Drug Protection Division.
Reply
Facebook: Pamela's Cakes & Confections

Pamela's Cakes & Confections is a home based business, inspected and approved by the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Food and Drug Protection Division.
Reply
post #11 of 13

ptanyer and ddaigle, do the versions you mentioned and use crust? 

post #12 of 13

I don't know...lol...crusting doesn't matter to me so I don't really know if it does.  Sorry. 

Debbie - US Army (Retired) --aka "The Cake Sarge"

Good Cake Ain't Cheap! Cheap Cake Ain't Good!
Reply
Debbie - US Army (Retired) --aka "The Cake Sarge"

Good Cake Ain't Cheap! Cheap Cake Ain't Good!
Reply
post #13 of 13

Thanks

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Recipes
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Recipes › Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting