try some Social Media (it cost less, but it promotes your business to multiple target markets):
- facebook, twitter, (meetup.com - find a group, network make friends and promote your business, so there's still a touch of traditional promotion/marketing here - kind like a mix)
- blogging (blogger, wordpress - it is a step to present your business via the internet)
- try Adobe Forms Central -- you can create advertisement forms, flyers, product promotion forms ( first 50 forms are free ) then any additional has a fee. i found it simple, streamlined and fun to use.
--- then theres the standard/traditional promotion/marketing strategy (still strongly holds its grounds even in the age of technology):
* provide contact cards/business cards after every sale (include it in the packaging of your product) or hand it to the customer upon purchase.
* word of mouth through friends, biz network, org. networks
* printing your business details/product details on the outer layer of your products packing (different from including or handing out business cards)
* and join an organizational group that is inline with your trade of business, you get to be exposed to a market very closely targeted to the line of your business - which is cakes/pastries or bake goods.
hope this helps you in some way.