Hello All! I am making a wedding cake for a good friend of mine next month. I am self taught so I really don't know all the BEST tips and tricks to making a tiered wedding cake. I have a few things that I would love answered if any of you could please help me! :)
- 200 people attending
- I want to make a vanilla three tiered cake (12", 9", 6" - 2 cakes split for each layer) and sheet cakes (15" by 19") with chocolate mousse filling and vanilla buttercream frosting
1. How many sheet cakes will I need to make in addition to the tiered cake to feed 200 people?
2. What is an AWESOME but easy chocolate mousse recipe for the filling between layers, something that will hold up well?
3. What is a basic timeline for when to start the cake, what to make on certain days, etc.
4. Transportation of both tiered cake and sheet cakes (Best ways - will I need to assemble at the venue? Do I take the the sheet cakes out of the pan or keep them in?)
5. What is a great vanilla buttercream recipe that will hold up without sweating and getting too soft
6. I am making a marshmallow fondant ruffle flower topper and would like to know how to make it so it doesn't dry out and look cracked? Is there anything to add to my marshmallow fondant, or a completely different recipe so it holds up and looks smooth?
7. What is the best way to secure real ribbon to the bottom of each tier, without it going through the ribbon itself?
Any help will be wonderful! If you have extra tips and tricks that you want to throw in, please do!! Thank you very much!!