Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › Bakers you most see this!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bakers you most see this!! - Page 2

post #16 of 37

I think we should get foot pedals installed on our turntables like the old fashioned pedal sewing machines.

 

Third hand growing as Evoir opined also good perhaps more difficult but could be used for many other things as well.

 

icon_biggrin.gif

if you had your own tv show what would be your favorite commercial/sponsor

i think i'd like ghirardelli and hershey for starters...

Reply

if you had your own tv show what would be your favorite commercial/sponsor

i think i'd like ghirardelli and hershey for starters...

Reply
post #17 of 37
WOW now that's art!
post #18 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbaker55 View Post

Saw that video some time ago...amazing!

 

Let me be a witness right now....this CANNOT BE DONE with a Wilton turntable and butterceam! I found hardened blobs of icing under my top cabinets, between the mini-blind slats & on top of my fridge for weeks after I tried it! Thought my poor dog had a tumor there for a minute, but he finally licked it all off.icon_biggrin.gif

I am still laughing at your description! I have this picture in my head of your kitchen & your poor dog, but I bet he enjoyed licking the unexpected treat????

June
Reply
June
Reply
post #19 of 37

Yes he did, Superstar...until he got diarrhea from the sugar overload.

 

He apparently didn't  realize he was the victim of a drive-by frosting incident until it hardened. He's a coward and runs for cover whenever there's cursing in the kitchen. The blob of icing landed near his rear, just kinda out of immediate tongue reach. I watched him in a neck-stretching licking frenzy the next day and had to investigate.

 

He looks like he's wearing a bad weave anyway, with hair sticking up all over the place so I had to feel around to see WTH he was so intent on dislodging. There it was, but all sticky from dog spit. He was devastated when I removed the remains of 'the tumor'...sniffed around the floor for 2 days trying to find a sugar fix.

 

So that you can get a better mental image...here's Farley (didn't change the date on my camera...this was taken about 6 months ago)

 

 

 

025.JPG 748k .JPG file
In my opinion, cake should be at the base of the Food Pyramid.
Reply
In my opinion, cake should be at the base of the Food Pyramid.
Reply
post #20 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbaker55 View Post

Yes he did, Superstar...until he got diarrhea from the sugar overload.

 

He apparently didn't realize he was the victim of a drive-by frosting incident until it hardened. He's a coward and runs for cover whenever there's cursing in the kitchen. The blob of icing landed near his rear, just kinda out of immediate tongue reach. I watched him in a neck-stretching licking frenzy the next day and had to investigate.

 

He looks like he's wearing a bad weave anyway, with hair sticking up all over the place so I had to feel around to see WTH he was so intent on dislodging. There it was, but all sticky from dog spit. He was devastated when I removed the remains of 'the tumor'...sniffed around the floor for 2 days trying to find a sugar fix.

 

So that you can get a better mental image...here's Farley (didn't change the date on my camera...this was taken about 6 months ago)

 

 

 

025.JPG 748k .JPG file

 

 

He's adorable!!!!

 

New Baker 55--too too funny!!!!!

if you had your own tv show what would be your favorite commercial/sponsor

i think i'd like ghirardelli and hershey for starters...

Reply

if you had your own tv show what would be your favorite commercial/sponsor

i think i'd like ghirardelli and hershey for starters...

Reply
post #21 of 37

Farley is so cute & thank you for the picture, this is still one of my favorite stories!

June
Reply
June
Reply
post #22 of 37

Re: my turntable brand...it doesn't have a brand name on it, but its cast aluminium and it weighs a fair bit. I absolutely love it.

 

You can buy a similar sort of thing from Hobby/Craft shops, in small and large sizes. The best thing is that they stay put. Not like that Wilton $#@^&%*($&%.

 

NB...my disdain for Wilton relates to a particular incident with a wedding cake and the failure of the Wilton tilting turntable.

Life's too short to make cake pops.
___________________________________
www.sweetperfection.com.au

www.sweetperfectioncakes.blogspot.com.au/
www.facebook.com/sweetperfectioncakes (come visit sometime!)

Reply

Life's too short to make cake pops.
___________________________________
www.sweetperfection.com.au

www.sweetperfectioncakes.blogspot.com.au/
www.facebook.com/sweetperfectioncakes (come visit sometime!)

Reply
post #23 of 37
According to the website of the school it's done in clay. They have photos of some of the other cakes and its obvious that there's no actual cake under all the 'frosting', some of them are filled like baskets with fruit, some with a colored gelatin.
elsewhere.
Reply
elsewhere.
Reply
post #24 of 37
Thread Starter 

sooo its final judge.gif

no cake under this blob of cream  

and dont try to do this at home icon_biggrin.gif

but it still fun to watch

life is a piece of cake
Reply
life is a piece of cake
Reply
post #25 of 37

Sounds like it's worth buying a dog and a Wilton's turntable just for the fun!
 

post #26 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazza1 View Post

Sounds like it's worth buying a dog and a Wilton's turntable just for the fun!
 

 

 

icon_lol.gif

 

too funny!!

 

my dog said he'd volunteer for you

 

icon_biggrin.gif

if you had your own tv show what would be your favorite commercial/sponsor

i think i'd like ghirardelli and hershey for starters...

Reply

if you had your own tv show what would be your favorite commercial/sponsor

i think i'd like ghirardelli and hershey for starters...

Reply
post #27 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbaker55 View Post

Saw that video some time ago...amazing!

 

Let me be a witness right now....this CANNOT BE DONE with a Wilton turntable and butterceam! I found hardened blobs of icing under my top cabinets, between the mini-blind slats & on top of my fridge for weeks after I tried it! Thought my poor dog had a tumor there for a minute, but he finally licked it all off.icon_biggrin.gif

OMG LOLOLOLOL

 

I find buttercream every where now! 

post #28 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by -K8memphis View Post

 

 

icon_lol.gif

 

too funny!!

 

my dog said he'd volunteer for you

 

icon_biggrin.gif

And I'll send you the turntableicon_biggrin.gif Never let it be said that CC folks aren't willing to help a friend!!

In my opinion, cake should be at the base of the Food Pyramid.
Reply
In my opinion, cake should be at the base of the Food Pyramid.
Reply
post #29 of 37

This may be late in the conversation but I got my turn table from Ikea... just the $6 lazy susan it is sturdy and all wood... it has held everything I have but on it from cakes to stuops to tiffles... it was a well spent $6.

post #30 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by -K8memphis View Post

 

 

icon_lol.gif

 

too funny!!

 

my dog said he'd volunteer for you

 

icon_biggrin.gif

You can't volunteer your darling Farley, he is coming to Hawaii so I can spray him with frosting!

June
Reply
June
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cake Decorating
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › Bakers you most see this!!