- 6,816 Posts. Joined 7/2010
- Location: Orange County, California
- Select All Posts By This User
- topic3d Shaped Cakes
How to make a Super Mario cake or any other standing figure
Edited on 7/31/12
- How To Make a Chicque Easter EggEdited on 3/9/12
- How to Make a Little Purse CakeEdited on 2/15/12
- How To Make a 3D Bunny Shaped CupcakeEdited on 1/18/12
- How to Make a 3D Candle CakeEdited on 12/22/11
After burning through 3 hand mixers in 2 years, my husband felt it was time for an upgrade. We got this beauty on sale at Costco (also with a rebate) around christmas. It came with a mixer...
I have used 3 sets of these for many years and wish I had more. Although the newer designs are like 1 board with 3 different "waves" in it...this older model with its design is much...
I always have some of the White in my pantry for those days when the grandkids are over and want to make something. I have many of the other colors...but sometimes the kiddos want to make their...
Part 1 of 2 Custom Cupcake Wrappers are an easy way to add a special touch to a party. I like to use them for baby showers because I can put the name of the family on the wrapper. And no...
I have all of the Wilton molds in this line and love them. Just very lightly dust and go.
Overpriced Cake Or Not? - Page 2post #16 of 1912/17/12 at 3:41pmQuote:She wants to talk about how much value she got for her money. Right now it sounds like the customer is underestimating the value of the cake, it makes good business sense to set that right.Quote:If she perceives that the value of a custom meat product does not correspond with what she paid for it, then yes, she probably would have a discussion with the grocer.Does she discuss it with the grocer too when she thinks their meat is priced too high?post #17 of 1912/17/12 at 5:01pmpost #18 of 1912/17/12 at 5:13pm
I tend to agree that the $150 was right for a 3-D cake, but the serving count was too low. With 3-D cakes the cost of the cake ingredients is the least of your worries. I start at $150-$175 for 3-D cakes, but the serving count always starts at around 24. The cost of 6" rounds instead of 4" rounds wouldn't have been that much, and she probably would have felt that she got more value for what she paid.
Edited to add: the cake is nicely done, though!post #19 of 1912/30/12 at 9:08pmThread Starter
I'm sorry to just be posting a reply to all of your comments. I actually did make a mistake when I wrote this post. The cake was actually made with 4, 6 inch round cakes and after reading several replies on it the first day, I felt much better about my pricing. I did return her call but got no answer and haven't heard from her since although, boy was my face red when we happen to have stumbled into eachother at my son's school a few days later. Nothing was said by either of us...I felt it was not the place or time to discuss it (Christmas party). I want to thank all of you that replied.
- How To Make a Chicque Easter Egg
- › Canon PIXMA ip3600. Is it worth it??? 1 minute ago
- › How do I make the lanterns sturdy on this Rapunzel cake? 2 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 6 minutes ago
- › What do you think of the recent changes to CakeCentral? 29 minutes ago
- › Fuming! 30 minutes ago
- › Bottles vs piping bags 35 minutes ago
- › Newbie buying Cookie Cutters which ones First? 36 minutes ago
- › Which is more preferred or popular decorator vs original cream... 53 minutes ago
- › Fondant questions 54 minutes ago
- › Slimy fondant! 56 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan