Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › URGENT-/Fondant snowflakes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

URGENT-/Fondant snowflakes

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
I have a last minute winter wedding cake this Sunday. Does anyone have a website where I can purchase "already made" fondant and/or gumpaste snowflakes (various sizes). I need to order ASAP!
post #2 of 16

 I seriously doubt you could order them from anywhere and get them on time. Any cake store should have the snowflake molds right now, and I think even Michaels and Hobby Lobby have them now.

“If I was made of cake I'd eat myself before somebody else could.”
Emma Donoghue

Reply

“If I was made of cake I'd eat myself before somebody else could.”
Emma Donoghue

Reply
post #3 of 16
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=321037090097&cmd=VIDESC. Don't know if they will get to you in time. You can contact the seller and have them over night them but that will cost a lot to do so and hopefully they don't break during shipping
post #4 of 16
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=310531728597&index=2&nav=SEARCH&nid=45685320814 again don't know if they ell 'll get to you on time this lady does say that you can contact her about shipping the
post #5 of 16

Are you near a cake supply store? The snowflake plunger cutters are great. Perhaps Global Sugar Arts or Sugar Delites could get them to you in time (Jennifer at Sugar Delites mails out very quickly).
 

post #6 of 16
Global sugar art website has had credit card tampering problems
post #7 of 16

I sell them online, but I wouldn't trust the postal service to get them to you in that short a time, especially with the volume they're doing this time of year. You'd probably have to pay for express delivery, which would make them pretty pricey. The suggestion to get some snowflake molds and make your own is probably your best option at this point.

post #8 of 16

There. Their. They're not the same.

 

I hope I die before "your" becomes the official contraction of "you are."

Reply

There. Their. They're not the same.

 

I hope I die before "your" becomes the official contraction of "you are."

Reply
post #9 of 16
What about making royal icing snow flakes. Easy to trace on wax paper with a clip art you can find online. I've made coral using this method. Hope this helps.
post #10 of 16

Go to wilton.com and click on "pattern locator" on lower left side.  Into the search box type "snowflake" and several patterns will come up. Also check results for "filigree" and "lace". Make them out of royal icing before Saturday and they will be nice and dry for Sunday.

 

You are not seriously considering spending an arm and a leg on overnight shipping of stuff unless you will be reimbursed by the customer, right? And remember to get paid in cash for this cake...no cheques at the door, no payment after the fact, not even credit card unless the payment clears before you deliver this cake.

post #11 of 16

As an Etsy seller, I'd be really careful about ordering off of Etsy at this point if you need the snowflakes that soon. If you paid for overnight shipping it's going to be expensive, like I mentioned before, and if you don't there's no guarantee that the package will get to you in time. Once the packages are out of our hands we have no control over how fast ro slow they get there. I've had things that I sent priority that took over a week to get from Virginia to South Carolina because it was sent to Arizona first for some unknown reason. If the post office makes a mistake they say that the delivery times are estimates only, not a guarantee.

 

If someone sent me a question on etsy today asking if they could get snowflakes by Sunday I would tell them that there's no guarantee they'll get there on time.

post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar View Post

As an Etsy seller, I'd be really careful about ordering off of Etsy at this point if you need the snowflakes that soon. If you paid for overnight shipping it's going to be expensive, like I mentioned before, and if you don't there's no guarantee that the package will get to you in time. Once the packages are out of our hands we have no control over how fast ro slow they get there. I've had things that I sent priority that took over a week to get from Virginia to South Carolina because it was sent to Arizona first for some unknown reason. If the post office makes a mistake they say that the delivery times are estimates only, not a guarantee.

 

If someone sent me a question on etsy today asking if they could get snowflakes by Sunday I would tell them that there's no guarantee they'll get there on time.

 

Thanks for the info. LOVE your Etsy store (A Cake to Remember).

There. Their. They're not the same.

 

I hope I die before "your" becomes the official contraction of "you are."

Reply

There. Their. They're not the same.

 

I hope I die before "your" becomes the official contraction of "you are."

Reply
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazita View Post

Global sugar art website has had credit card tampering problems

Are you serious I ordered a couple months ago. My credit card was stolen a few days later. I called and had asked about my order and how secure their site was. They told me it was secure. My order took forever also. My credit card was ran up 200 dollars luckily my bank has fraud protection on my card and I was refunded my money 6 weeks later.

post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki4199 View Post

Are you serious I ordered a couple months ago. My credit card was stolen a few days later. I called and had asked about my order and how secure their site was. They told me it was secure. My order took forever also. My credit card was ran up 200 dollars luckily my bank has fraud protection on my card and I was refunded my money 6 weeks later.

Their site is about as secure as a sieve. Use the paypal option if you order from them, don't give your credit card number.

post #15 of 16

They're secure now.  But during the Christmas rush you're taking an awful chance.  Go down to your largest craft store, in the Sculpey aisle and pick up a package of Amazing Mold Putty.  It's food safe, sets up in 20 minutes, also purchase some plastic snowflakes and press them into the Molding compound.  Within just a few minutes you'll be able to fill each mold with gumpaste then pop them into your oven with just the interior light on over night and all your gumpaste snowflakes will be dry and ready to go in the morning. Spritz them with water and dust with diamond sparkle or disco dust and you're good to go.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cake Decorating
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › URGENT-/Fondant snowflakes