Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › things NOT to ask/say to a baker!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things NOT to ask/say to a baker! - Page 111

post #1651 of 2780
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunawhisper0013 View Post

I've had it happen several times where a customer is unhappy, even furious, because the colors on the cake weren't exactly the colors on her partyware.

Like her guests are going to be like, "Honey, you know I love you, but...I just can't eat this cake....it...it, well...just doesn't match the plate."
Lmao!
post #1652 of 2780
Quote:
Originally Posted by manddi View Post


Product placement?
Kinda like putting chocolate bars by tampons.

*

Yay for product placement!

For we are God's MASTERPIECE! He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10
Reply
For we are God's MASTERPIECE! He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10
Reply
post #1653 of 2780

I really hope I don't offend anyone with that picture...I'll take it down if I need to...I'm second guessing myself now...LOL icon_redface.gif

For we are God's MASTERPIECE! He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10
Reply
For we are God's MASTERPIECE! He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10
Reply
post #1654 of 2780
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunawhisper0013 View Post

I've had it happen several times where a customer is unhappy, even furious, because the colors on the cake weren't exactly the colors on her partyware.

Like her guests are going to be like, "Honey, you know I love you, but...I just can't eat this cake....it...it, well...just doesn't match the plate."
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA


I remember we weren't allowed to make custom colors, even if the DecoPac cake we were making had pastels on it, we had to make it in burn your retina brights. Oh, how I hated that job...
Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
Reply
Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
Reply
post #1655 of 2780
Leave it up! What a great pic.

If it offends anyone, well, it sure does tell you a everything about the offended party.
post #1656 of 2780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Cakes View Post

I really hope I don't offend anyone with that picture...I'll take it down if I need to...I'm second guessing myself now...LOL icon_redface.gif

It's hilarious!

 

One of my roommates after college was in line at CVS with tampons, Midol, and a big bag of M&Ms. The lady in line behind her tapped her on the shoulder and said, very sympathetically, "I know exactly how you feel, dear."

post #1657 of 2780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godot View Post

Leave it up! What a great pic.

If it offends anyone, well, it sure does tell you a everything about the offended party.

 

Thanks...I stole it from google....LOL

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by costumeczar View Post

It's hilarious!

 

One of my roommates after college was in line at CVS with tampons, Midol, and a big bag of M&Ms. The lady in line behind her tapped her on the shoulder and said, very sympathetically, "I know exactly how you feel, dear."

Haha...I would have laughed and blushed so hard if that were me!

For we are God's MASTERPIECE! He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10
Reply
For we are God's MASTERPIECE! He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10
Reply
post #1658 of 2780
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousDesserts View Post


Impulse items

Impulse items and end caps get me every time! I don't need it, but it's new, so I want it.

post #1659 of 2780
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar View Post

It's hilarious!

 

One of my roommates after college was in line at CVS with tampons, Midol, and a big bag of M&Ms. The lady in line behind her tapped her on the shoulder and said, very sympathetically, "I know exactly how you feel, dear."

LOL! Don't we all know that feeling! (Well, women do, anyway icon_wink.gif )

Before you ask- I'm licensed, inspected, insured, and all that jazz.
Reply
Before you ask- I'm licensed, inspected, insured, and all that jazz.
Reply
post #1660 of 2780
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeSomeCake615 View Post

LOL! Don't we all know that feeling! (Well, women do, anyway icon_wink.gif )

If we do our job right, men would be sympathetic as well...LOL My ex husband always when I was approaching that time of month and he usually just left me well enough alone...LOL

For we are God's MASTERPIECE! He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10
Reply
For we are God's MASTERPIECE! He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10
Reply
post #1661 of 2780
Oh.My.Goodness...A customer just complained about me at work. I manage a grocery store bakery and do custom work at home. This lady comes in, whips out her phone, and shows me this 3 tier, Great Gatsby themed cake complete with fondant hat, pearls, silver piping and black 20's style silhouettes and askes if my store bakery can do it. I said I was the only one who would even attempt it but there were 2 problems, one, my store doesn't do that kind of thing, and doesn't have the materials to do it for that matter, and two, she wants it on a day I will be gone for vacation

I told her my store can't do it and if I did it at home, I would charge $400 for it. She gave me a sour look, said "That's okay, thank you." Then proceeded to go to my manager and complain that my price was unreasonable! For a PRIVATE commission! My boss just shook his head. Un-effing-believable.
post #1662 of 2780
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar View Post

It's hilarious!

 

One of my roommates after college was in line at CVS with tampons, Midol, and a big bag of M&Ms. The lady in line behind her tapped her on the shoulder and said, very sympathetically, "I know exactly how you feel, dear."

Off topic but...Years ago, when I still lived in New England, we were getting a hurricane. My company shut down and sent everyone home. The whole area was like a ghost town. Everyone closing up and bunkering down (hurricanes pretty rare in MA). I stopped at CVS on my way home to pick up tampons and the teenaged boy at the register said "I bet you're glad we're still open"!! It's a hilarious story now but oh, I was so mortified at the time.

 

Sweet_cakes, I think the picture is perfect!

post #1663 of 2780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcee View Post

Off topic but...Years ago, when I still lived in New England, we were getting a hurricane. My company shut down and sent everyone home. The whole area was like a ghost town. Everyone closing up and bunkering down (hurricanes pretty rare in MA). I stopped at CVS on my way home to pick up tampons and the teenaged boy at the register said "I bet you're glad we're still open"!! It's a hilarious story now but oh, I was so mortified at the time.

 

Sweet_cakes, I think the picture is perfect!

Oh my God, I can't believe he'd have the nerve to say that! My teenaged son would die of embarrassment if he worked as a cashier and had to ring tampons up!

 

I had another roommate once (one guy out of four roommates) who always asked us to let him go to the store to buy tampons etc for us. He got a big kick out of buying feminine hygiene products for some reason. I think he liked pretending that he was married and his wife had sent him. We told him that he was a freak.

post #1664 of 2780
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar View Post

Oh my God, I can't believe he'd have the nerve to say that! My teenaged son would die of embarrassment if he worked as a cashier and had to ring tampons up!

 

I had another roommate once (one guy out of four roommates) who always asked us to let him go to the store to buy tampons etc for us. He got a big kick out of buying feminine hygiene products for some reason. I think he liked pretending that he was married and his wife had sent him. We told him that he was a freak.

You'd think they'd be trained, especially at a drug store, to ignore what people buy.

 

Your roommate story is great! That is the one thing that my husband will not ever do for me. Never, ever, ever.

post #1665 of 2780

For some reason, I find myself thinking about a certain joke (not suitable to be repeated on a family board), involving a genie granting a wish, that manages to be dirty, and to offend a minimum of two ethnicities, all at the same time.

James H. H. Lampert
Professional Dilettante

Web site: http://www.hbquik.com/jamesl

Flickr "baked goods" set http://flic.kr/s/aHsjvZvdTh

Reply

James H. H. Lampert
Professional Dilettante

Web site: http://www.hbquik.com/jamesl

Flickr "baked goods" set http://flic.kr/s/aHsjvZvdTh

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cake Decorating
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › things NOT to ask/say to a baker!