Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › What does WASC Stand for????
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What does WASC Stand for????

post #1 of 51
Thread Starter 

Hello everyone, I was reading a post about the gourmet flavors and many of y'all said that you use the WASC as a base, I am just wondering what does that stand for? and what is it?

post #2 of 51
Thread Starter 

I know this may be a stupid  questions to most, but i am just getting in to the cake world and it is all self tought, so Im just trying to find out what this new language is Please help :)

post #3 of 51

I think it stands for white almond sour cream . I think it is some sort of cake recipe. I, personally have not used it. If I am wrong I am sure others will jump in and tell me so. I am pretty new also so I could be wrong. I think this is one of the recipes below.

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/2165/A-Better-White-Scratch-Cake

post #4 of 51
Thread Starter 

thank you and yes that is what it means, I was able to find it on here after alittle digging. but now I dont know weather to make from scratch or use the box recipe. if anyone has any ideas please let us know

post #5 of 51

I use WASC as the base for 95% of my cakes - using a box mix.  I love it.  My customers love it.

 

I don't use the exact same ingredients for each cake recipe.  For example:

For my chocolate cake I use chocolate cake mix, chocolate pudding, vanilla extract, milk, oil, flour, sugar and eggs.

 

For my lemon cake I use lemon cake mix, lemon pudding, vanilla extract, milk, oil, flour, sugar and eggs.

 

For my almond cake I use yellow cake mix, vanilla pudding, almond extract, milk, oil, flour, sugar and eggs (and shaved almonds for texture).

 

Depending on the flavor of cake I want will determine the mix flavor, pudding flavor and extra flavor use.  The other ingredients are the always the same.

"who says you can't have your cake and eat it too?"
Reply
"who says you can't have your cake and eat it too?"
Reply
post #6 of 51
Thread Starter 

Thank you very much very helpful

post #7 of 51

hey so when u use the pudding are u following instructions for it all, and and as well as the box?

post #8 of 51

SweetBlessingz when you use my *original* WASC recipe no pudding is necessary. Why add more cost when you don't have to? It already have a very moist, tasty recipe why change it??

post #9 of 51

I'm a newbie and all I can say is the WASC cake is delicious!!!! Moist with a delicious wedding cake flavor. I took it to work and everyone loved it. 

post #10 of 51
Everytime I see WASC I think of a WASP (white Anglo-Saxon Protestant). I can't be the only one. Yes, no?! Lol
post #11 of 51

I love the WASC recipe, as do my customers.  As far as I'm concerned, it stands for White Almost Scratch Cake.  icon_biggrin.gif

post #12 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJsugarmama View Post

Everytime I see WASC I think of a WASP (white Anglo-Saxon Protestant). I can't be the only one. Yes, no?! Lol

 

 

almost... I see WACS== Women's Army Corps

post #13 of 51
Hahaha! Now ill see that every time, Ella!

www.VeryDeliciousDesserts.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Delicious-Desserts/207874222593145

 

It's never "just cake!"

 

You may get a cake for $way to little but you won't get this cake!

Animal
(4 photos)
 
Reply

www.VeryDeliciousDesserts.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Delicious-Desserts/207874222593145

 

It's never "just cake!"

 

You may get a cake for $way to little but you won't get this cake!

Animal
(4 photos)
 
Reply
post #14 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi View Post

SweetBlessingz when you use my *original* WASC recipe no pudding is necessary. Why add more cost when you don't have to? It already have a very moist, tasty recipe why change it??

I add puddings to change the flavor of the basic vanilla. Just a simple lemon pudding added to the WASC is amazing. And someone asked if you change the amounts of anything when using a pudding....I do. I increase the water (or milk) by half a cup. Easy peasy
post #15 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by cai0311 View Post

I use WASC as the base for 95% of my cakes - using a box mix.  I love it.  My customers love it.

I don't use the exact same ingredients for each cake recipe.  For example:
For my chocolate cake I use chocolate cake mix, chocolate pudding, vanilla extract, milk, oil, flour, sugar and eggs.

For my lemon cake I use lemon cake mix, lemon pudding, vanilla extract, milk, oil, flour, sugar and eggs.

For my almond cake I use yellow cake mix, vanilla pudding, almond extract, milk, oil, flour, sugar and eggs (and shaved almonds for texture).

Depending on the flavor of cake I want will determine the mix flavor, pudding flavor and extra flavor use.  The other ingredients are the always the same.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cake Decorating
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › What does WASC Stand for????