Very sticky soft fondant Can I add tylose powder to fondant to cover a cake. Do not want to make more fondant and already added more powder sugar nothing is working. What will happen if I add tylose powder to it? will it change flavor?What? Help
- topicFondattagged by System, 12/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- How to cover modeling chocolate with fondant Last post on 10/31/12 at 11:47am in Cake Decorating
- How to get a paliable marshmallow fondant? Last post on 11/1/12 at 10:44am in Recipes
- Ice Chest Grooms Cake Last post on 10/30/12 at 8:32am in Cake Decorating
- Sweating Fondant Last post on 10/26/12 at 9:41pm in Cake Decorating
- Fondant Help!! Last post on 10/26/12 at 2:26pm in Cake Decorating
I'm on my second unit. The first one got ruined when I used THEIR meat grinder attachment. I DID NOT force product down into the grinder, but, later after I disassembled it, I found that the gears...
I purchased The Gum Paste Modeling tool kit for my Wilton Method 4 class and I along with everyone else in my class was very disappointed in the quality. All of the tools had to be sanded down...
I got this wonderful organizer for my birthday (my husband used a coupon) and I was able to tote all my supplies to my Wilton classes easily. I love all the little cubbies and especially the long...
I summed it up in the pros and cons.
We purchased the professional stacker system for a 5 tier cake. It was a blessing! Could not have delivered it put together without it and there wasn't a place to put it together at the venue....
Cake Central Top Picks
It's pretty much impossible to determine the problem without knowing what your recipe was and how you made the fondant. Normally the answer to sticky fondant is more powdered sugar. I would suggest that - sometimes it just takes more due to the humidity, faulty recipe, etc. I don't think tylose is going to do anything to help the stickiness of your fondant.
- Sticky fondant
Cake Central Top Picks
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 47 seconds ago
- › I think I may have cracked the Sugarveil recipe......Maybe 6 minutes ago
- › ISOMALT (Beginner) 13 minutes ago
- › Live Flowers on wedding cake 16 minutes ago
- › Frosting Amounts 19 minutes ago
- › Ice cubes for cake (problem) 20 minutes ago
- › Tips for making this BC effect? 31 minutes ago
- › Need help with new wedding cake technique! 57 minutes ago
- › 6 tier cake stacking with dummy as bottom and third tier 59 minutes ago
- › Half Cake and Half Dummy Cake - Wedding Cake Pricing - 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by DaDa561
- › Wilton 1907-1107 Set of 10 Gum-Paste Modeling Tools with Storage Case by KARichards46
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Rolling Tool Caddy by hyperfig
- › Collections Etc - Cake Batter Dispenser With Measuring Label by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Paramount Crystals 4 oz. by daisybee
- › KitchenAid KSM90WH Ultra Power 300-Watt 4-1/2-Quart Stand Mixer, White by mouna09
- › KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer by melissamc
- › Wilton 409-623 Ultimate Tool Caddy 3-Level Cake-Decorating... by blwilley
- › Agbay Single Cake Leveler by SherylB
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones