Very sticky soft fondant Can I add tylose powder to fondant to cover a cake. Do not want to make more fondant and already added more powder sugar nothing is working. What will happen if I add tylose powder to it? will it change flavor?What? Help
- topicFondattagged by System, 12/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- How to cover modeling chocolate with fondant Last post on 10/31/12 at 11:47am in Cake Decorating
- How to get a paliable marshmallow fondant? Last post on 11/1/12 at 10:44am in Recipes
- Ice Chest Grooms Cake Last post on 10/30/12 at 8:32am in Cake Decorating
- Sweating Fondant Last post on 10/26/12 at 9:41pm in Cake Decorating
- Fondant Help!! Last post on 10/26/12 at 2:26pm in Cake Decorating
Bought it a Kohls and got 100$ off plus 20% off plus $40 mail in rebate. So for a first time stand up mixer I was very excited and hoping to have it for 20 years like everyone says. There is a...
I really enjoyed this caddy, with it's many little compartments, places for your tips, & slots for knives on the sides, UNTIL I saw it's BIG MOMMA! The one with the wheels! And the extra big...
I have the large double bladed one and I use it on every cake now! I used to stress out trying to make sure all my layers were level and to the same height for all layers of the cake. The ruler...
This mixer is my workhorse. I make everything in it. Thick glossy meringue buttercreams, ice creams, batters, and bread dough. I bought this when living in the Outback of New South Wales Australia,...
Great machine easy to use, comes with a complete video tutorial. Colour fantastic too.
Cake Central Top Picks
It's pretty much impossible to determine the problem without knowing what your recipe was and how you made the fondant. Normally the answer to sticky fondant is more powdered sugar. I would suggest that - sometimes it just takes more due to the humidity, faulty recipe, etc. I don't think tylose is going to do anything to help the stickiness of your fondant.
- Sticky fondant
Cake Central Top Picks
- › chocolate amaretto cupcakes with filling 18 minutes ago
- › 'Food Grade Mold' Recipe 32 minutes ago
- › Cake tasting 45 minutes ago
- › Fondant Manhole for TMNT Cake HELP!! 50 minutes ago
- › Hansel and Gretal pictures for 4 cookies 57 minutes ago
- › My Baking Channel :) 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Needing to paint on colored fondant.... 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › HELP PLEASE!!! Hi ratio vs Crisco?? 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › GRADUATION TOPPER IDEA HELP!! 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › looking for a easier way to roll out fondant then by hand 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer by melissamc
- › Wilton 409-623 Ultimate Tool Caddy 3-Level Cake-Decorating... by blwilley
- › Agbay Single Cake Leveler by SherylB
- › Breville BEM800XL Scraper Mixer Pro 5-Quart Die-Cast Stand Mixer by QuirkySylvia
- › Dinkydoodle Designs Airbrushing Kit by Debbie white
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by glassfish
- › KitchenAid KM25G0XWH Commercial Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer, White by claire donnelly
- › Fondx Rolled Fondant Icing, Virgin White by bundlesofjoy
- › Norpro 3919 Mini Cheesecake Pan by dianadors
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by rowlandjames456
- › Apple Tea Cake by HappyCake10609
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper by Montrealconfections
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween by Hanielas
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /... by BrooksieCakes
- › Fathers Day Griller by annebelle671
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Halloween cupcake topper by Sweet Janis
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video by MommyMommy
- › How to make chocolate pinecones by costumeczar