- topicBirthday Cakestagged by System, 12/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- First Birthday Cake...... Last post on 12/3/12 at 11:36am in Cake Decorating
- Ideas for alpahbet themed 1st birthday Last post on 11/24/12 at 9:06pm in Cake Decorating
- Ideas for a 20th birthday cake for a guy? Last post on 11/24/12 at 10:45am in Cake Decorating
- Searching for a cake on this website. Last post on 11/10/12 at 1:54pm in Cake Decorating
Red Velvet Remix
Last edited: 5/11/12
- Basic Cake made with Hotcake flourLast edited: 5/11/12
- White CakeLast edited: 2/20/12
- black forestLast edited: 6/10/11
- Kahlua and Frangelico cholcolate fudge cake with Chocolate Granache...Last edited: 6/7/11
After many stressful trips trying to deliver stacked cakes, I came across the website for cake stackers. With a huge wedding cake order looming, I figured it was the perfect time to try it. I was...
Bought it a Kohls and got 100$ off plus 20% off plus $40 mail in rebate. So for a first time stand up mixer I was very excited and hoping to have it for 20 years like everyone says. There is a...
I really enjoyed this caddy, with it's many little compartments, places for your tips, & slots for knives on the sides, UNTIL I saw it's BIG MOMMA! The one with the wheels! And the extra big...
I have the large double bladed one and I use it on every cake now! I used to stress out trying to make sure all my layers were level and to the same height for all layers of the cake. The ruler...
This mixer is my workhorse. I make everything in it. Thick glossy meringue buttercreams, ice creams, batters, and bread dough. I bought this when living in the Outback of New South Wales Australia,...
18th Birthday Cake for a male!post #1 of 2611/29/12 at 10:36amThread Starter
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 2611/29/12 at 10:43am
You need to ask what does he like in order to know what would make him say WOW!! I think you need more information. Is he into sports and what kind? What does he like to do? You need some ideas. Maybe others will have better ideas than me. I am sure the woman will tell you what he is into which will help you to decide what kind of cake to do!!! Good luck/Mary
post #3 of 2611/29/12 at 10:48amThread Starterpost #4 of 2611/29/12 at 3:52pmpost #5 of 2611/29/12 at 4:18pm
This is nice and simple cake for a male. I only have son's so I struggle with girlie cakes.
My youngest son will be 20 a few days after Christmas. I am making him a chocolate sponge cake with peanut butter icing, the filling will will have the PB icing with Reese Peanut Butter Cup pieces added. I am pouring dark chocolate ganache over the top to drip down the sides, and finally I will take small Reese PB cups cut in half around the bottom border. He loves Reese PB Cups and the Chocolate & PB combination.
Something like that might work too. Or maybe he loves a different type of Chocolate bar or candy you could incorporate. Good luck and have fun with it. Boys aren't too hard to please when it comes to cake.post #6 of 2611/29/12 at 5:30pm
Here's one that could be for a man.
Or you could do a hamburger cake. There are many to look at on the internet. Just a couple of ideas. Maybe someone else will come up with something better.post #7 of 2611/29/12 at 8:57pm
For the male members of my family I normally do a Kit Kat barrel cake, or a cake covered in ganache with chocolate drizzled over it.
I don't do any fondant for the males.post #8 of 2611/29/12 at 9:14pmQuote:
Hmmm... I think a "girlie" cake is exactly what an 18-year old male would like.post #9 of 2611/30/12 at 1:05am
This is a mother buying a cake for her teenaged son. I doubt that the average mother would appreciate the cake maker providing a pole dancer for her to give to her son.
Here's some less girlie ones.post #10 of 2611/30/12 at 5:31amQuote:
I totally agree with mcaulir. I have 2 son's and would never present either of them with a rude cake. Got to love it when rude and immature people hijack your innocent post.
Good luck with your cake.post #11 of 2611/30/12 at 9:07am
Go to www.wilton.com and look along the left side of the homepage for the link "pattern locator". There are many many patterns for all kinds of cakes that can be searched by theme. You can then use them as you think best--buttercream transfers go over well because they are completely edible.
But it won't hurt to ask for some guidance like favourite flavour, occupation, interests. Also ask about ALLERGIES.post #12 of 2611/30/12 at 11:58amQuote:
Sorry if I caused offense. I thought it was a funny play on words. Obviously, it wasn't serious.post #13 of 2611/30/12 at 1:23pm
Dr_Hfuhruhurr I was a bit offended, but no harm done. I apologize for the not nice words. As a mother I feel it would be highly inappropriate for a mother to give her son a cake like the one you suggested. Those types of cakes are best left to be given by friends. Since the OP was about a cake from a mother to a son your ideas made me uncomfortable. And I did just get your PM.
I apologize for my not nice words and I'm sure you were just kidding, it just took me off guard.
MsGFpost #14 of 2611/30/12 at 1:28pmpost #15 of 2611/30/12 at 1:47pmQuote:
I found it rather amusing actually.
Based on LB cakes profile I think we can all rest assured that we're talking to a capable adult. I'm sure they're quite able to make a tasteful decision about what cake will be presented to the client in question regardless of any humor that might be interjected here.
- 18th Birthday Cake for a male!
- Basic Cake made with Hotcake flour
- › Mad... I need to vent! 26 minutes ago
- › Peer Review Cake Club! 43 minutes ago
- › Cookie Gallery 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › No Order$$ = No Business... I'd appreciate any help 3 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › My best cupcakes ever :))) 3 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Cut cake to correct size? 4 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Where to buy Cake Decorators Alcohol/Rose Spirit 4 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › No one Yet knows the difference between Store box mix and scratch... 5 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Software 5 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › PME Snowflake Plunger Cutter ... a cake artist's toy of torture 6 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Cake Stackers Support System by Ameeta
- › KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer by melissamc
- › Wilton 409-623 Ultimate Tool Caddy 3-Level Cake-Decorating... by blwilley
- › Agbay Single Cake Leveler by SherylB
- › Breville BEM800XL Scraper Mixer Pro 5-Quart Die-Cast Stand Mixer by QuirkySylvia
- › Dinkydoodle Designs Airbrushing Kit by Debbie white
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by glassfish
- › KitchenAid KM25G0XWH Commercial Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer, White by claire donnelly
- › Fondx Rolled Fondant Icing, Virgin White by bundlesofjoy
- › Norpro 3919 Mini Cheesecake Pan by dianadors
- › Apple Tea Cake by HappyCake10609
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper by Montrealconfections
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween by Hanielas
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /... by BrooksieCakes
- › Fathers Day Griller by annebelle671
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Halloween cupcake topper by Sweet Janis
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video by MommyMommy
- › How to make chocolate pinecones by costumeczar