- topicBirthday Cakes
Related Forum Threads
- First Birthday Cake...... Last post on 12/3/12 at 11:36am in Cake Decorating
- Ideas for alpahbet themed 1st birthday Last post on 11/24/12 at 9:06pm in Cake Decorating
- Ideas for a 20th birthday cake for a guy? Last post on 11/24/12 at 10:45am in Cake Decorating
- Searching for a cake on this website. Last post on 11/10/12 at 1:54pm in Cake Decorating
Red Velvet Remix
Edited on 5/11/12
- Basic Cake made with Hotcake flourEdited on 5/11/12
- White CakeEdited on 2/20/12
- black forestEdited on 6/10/11
- Kahlua and Frangelico cholcolate fudge cake with Chocolate Granache...Edited on 6/7/11
I have used 3 sets of these for many years and wish I had more. Although the newer designs are like 1 board with 3 different "waves" in it...this older model with its design is much...
I always have some of the White in my pantry for those days when the grandkids are over and want to make something. I have many of the other colors...but sometimes the kiddos want to make their...
Part 1 of 2 Custom Cupcake Wrappers are an easy way to add a special touch to a party. I like to use them for baby showers because I can put the name of the family on the wrapper. And no...
I have all of the Wilton molds in this line and love them. Just very lightly dust and go.
I live in MO in the summer and TX in the winter. Both of my kitchens have the pro mixer. I absolutely love both of my pro Kitchen Aids. Very sturdy and wonderful for breadmking. I still wish that...
18th Birthday Cake for a male!post #1 of 2611/29/12 at 10:36amThread Starterpost #2 of 2611/29/12 at 10:43am
You need to ask what does he like in order to know what would make him say WOW!! I think you need more information. Is he into sports and what kind? What does he like to do? You need some ideas. Maybe others will have better ideas than me. I am sure the woman will tell you what he is into which will help you to decide what kind of cake to do!!! Good luck/Mary
post #3 of 2611/29/12 at 10:48amThread Starterpost #4 of 2611/29/12 at 3:52pmpost #5 of 2611/29/12 at 4:18pm
This is nice and simple cake for a male. I only have son's so I struggle with girlie cakes.
My youngest son will be 20 a few days after Christmas. I am making him a chocolate sponge cake with peanut butter icing, the filling will will have the PB icing with Reese Peanut Butter Cup pieces added. I am pouring dark chocolate ganache over the top to drip down the sides, and finally I will take small Reese PB cups cut in half around the bottom border. He loves Reese PB Cups and the Chocolate & PB combination.
Something like that might work too. Or maybe he loves a different type of Chocolate bar or candy you could incorporate. Good luck and have fun with it. Boys aren't too hard to please when it comes to cake.post #6 of 2611/29/12 at 5:30pm
Here's one that could be for a man.
Or you could do a hamburger cake. There are many to look at on the internet. Just a couple of ideas. Maybe someone else will come up with something better.post #7 of 2611/29/12 at 8:57pm
For the male members of my family I normally do a Kit Kat barrel cake, or a cake covered in ganache with chocolate drizzled over it.
I don't do any fondant for the males.post #8 of 2611/29/12 at 9:14pmQuote:
Hmmm... I think a "girlie" cake is exactly what an 18-year old male would like.post #9 of 2611/30/12 at 1:05am
This is a mother buying a cake for her teenaged son. I doubt that the average mother would appreciate the cake maker providing a pole dancer for her to give to her son.
Here's some less girlie ones.post #10 of 2611/30/12 at 5:31amQuote:
I totally agree with mcaulir. I have 2 son's and would never present either of them with a rude cake. Got to love it when rude and immature people hijack your innocent post.
Good luck with your cake.post #11 of 2611/30/12 at 9:07am
Go to www.wilton.com and look along the left side of the homepage for the link "pattern locator". There are many many patterns for all kinds of cakes that can be searched by theme. You can then use them as you think best--buttercream transfers go over well because they are completely edible.
But it won't hurt to ask for some guidance like favourite flavour, occupation, interests. Also ask about ALLERGIES.post #12 of 2611/30/12 at 11:58amQuote:
Sorry if I caused offense. I thought it was a funny play on words. Obviously, it wasn't serious.post #13 of 2611/30/12 at 1:23pm
Dr_Hfuhruhurr I was a bit offended, but no harm done. I apologize for the not nice words. As a mother I feel it would be highly inappropriate for a mother to give her son a cake like the one you suggested. Those types of cakes are best left to be given by friends. Since the OP was about a cake from a mother to a son your ideas made me uncomfortable. And I did just get your PM.
I apologize for my not nice words and I'm sure you were just kidding, it just took me off guard.
MsGFpost #14 of 2611/30/12 at 1:28pmpost #15 of 2611/30/12 at 1:47pmQuote:
I found it rather amusing actually.
Based on LB cakes profile I think we can all rest assured that we're talking to a capable adult. I'm sure they're quite able to make a tasteful decision about what cake will be presented to the client in question regardless of any humor that might be interjected here.
- Basic Cake made with Hotcake flour
- › What tool do you wish you had never bought? 10 minutes ago
- › Help Help please :( 17 minutes ago
- › Tight center gardenia with expanding petals spiraling out 28 minutes ago
- › How to stack a tiered rosette cake 37 minutes ago
- › Fondx Vs Satin Ice! 45 minutes ago
- › Pricing for children's cake 50 minutes ago
- › how do I make a shark...plz help 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Never using BC again under fondant 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Help! Baseball theme party!!! 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › Melting buttercream at sunny farmers market 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net