- topicBirthday Cakestagged by System, 12/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- First Birthday Cake...... Last post on 12/3/12 at 11:36am in Cake Decorating
- Ideas for alpahbet themed 1st birthday Last post on 11/24/12 at 9:06pm in Cake Decorating
- Ideas for a 20th birthday cake for a guy? Last post on 11/24/12 at 10:45am in Cake Decorating
- Searching for a cake on this website. Last post on 11/10/12 at 1:54pm in Cake Decorating
Red Velvet Remix
Last edited: 5/11/12
- Basic Cake made with Hotcake flourLast edited: 5/11/12
- White CakeLast edited: 2/20/12
- black forestLast edited: 6/10/11
- Kahlua and Frangelico cholcolate fudge cake with Chocolate Granache...Last edited: 6/7/11
I got this wonderful organizer for my birthday (my husband used a coupon) and I was able to tote all my supplies to my Wilton classes easily. I love all the little cubbies and especially the long...
I agree with user Melanie. I bought this mixer thinking it was stronger than my old bottom line model that I have had for about 14 years. Used the professional model about 3 months and it froze...
I summed it up in the pros and cons.
We purchased the professional stacker system for a 5 tier cake. It was a blessing! Could not have delivered it put together without it and there wasn't a place to put it together at the venue....
Since im located in france, i bought it on a french website so it might be a little pricy, i dont know. i cover my cake pops with chocolate and sometimes when i add color the chocolate is not...
18th Birthday Cake for a male!post #1 of 2611/29/12 at 10:36amThread Starter
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 2611/29/12 at 10:43am
You need to ask what does he like in order to know what would make him say WOW!! I think you need more information. Is he into sports and what kind? What does he like to do? You need some ideas. Maybe others will have better ideas than me. I am sure the woman will tell you what he is into which will help you to decide what kind of cake to do!!! Good luck/Mary
post #3 of 2611/29/12 at 10:48amThread Starterpost #4 of 2611/29/12 at 3:52pmpost #5 of 2611/29/12 at 4:18pm
This is nice and simple cake for a male. I only have son's so I struggle with girlie cakes.
My youngest son will be 20 a few days after Christmas. I am making him a chocolate sponge cake with peanut butter icing, the filling will will have the PB icing with Reese Peanut Butter Cup pieces added. I am pouring dark chocolate ganache over the top to drip down the sides, and finally I will take small Reese PB cups cut in half around the bottom border. He loves Reese PB Cups and the Chocolate & PB combination.
Something like that might work too. Or maybe he loves a different type of Chocolate bar or candy you could incorporate. Good luck and have fun with it. Boys aren't too hard to please when it comes to cake.post #6 of 2611/29/12 at 5:30pm
Here's one that could be for a man.
Or you could do a hamburger cake. There are many to look at on the internet. Just a couple of ideas. Maybe someone else will come up with something better.post #7 of 2611/29/12 at 8:57pm
For the male members of my family I normally do a Kit Kat barrel cake, or a cake covered in ganache with chocolate drizzled over it.
I don't do any fondant for the males.post #8 of 2611/29/12 at 9:14pmQuote:
Hmmm... I think a "girlie" cake is exactly what an 18-year old male would like.post #9 of 2611/30/12 at 1:05am
This is a mother buying a cake for her teenaged son. I doubt that the average mother would appreciate the cake maker providing a pole dancer for her to give to her son.
Here's some less girlie ones.post #10 of 2611/30/12 at 5:31amQuote:
I totally agree with mcaulir. I have 2 son's and would never present either of them with a rude cake. Got to love it when rude and immature people hijack your innocent post.
Good luck with your cake.post #11 of 2611/30/12 at 9:07am
Go to www.wilton.com and look along the left side of the homepage for the link "pattern locator". There are many many patterns for all kinds of cakes that can be searched by theme. You can then use them as you think best--buttercream transfers go over well because they are completely edible.
But it won't hurt to ask for some guidance like favourite flavour, occupation, interests. Also ask about ALLERGIES.post #12 of 2611/30/12 at 11:58amQuote:
Sorry if I caused offense. I thought it was a funny play on words. Obviously, it wasn't serious.post #13 of 2611/30/12 at 1:23pm
Dr_Hfuhruhurr I was a bit offended, but no harm done. I apologize for the not nice words. As a mother I feel it would be highly inappropriate for a mother to give her son a cake like the one you suggested. Those types of cakes are best left to be given by friends. Since the OP was about a cake from a mother to a son your ideas made me uncomfortable. And I did just get your PM.
I apologize for my not nice words and I'm sure you were just kidding, it just took me off guard.
MsGFpost #14 of 2611/30/12 at 1:28pmpost #15 of 2611/30/12 at 1:47pmQuote:
I found it rather amusing actually.
Based on LB cakes profile I think we can all rest assured that we're talking to a capable adult. I'm sure they're quite able to make a tasteful decision about what cake will be presented to the client in question regardless of any humor that might be interjected here.
- 18th Birthday Cake for a male!
- Basic Cake made with Hotcake flour
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 10 minutes ago
- › website advices please!! 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › help what colour wonder woman 1 hour, 59 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 7/11/14 2 hours ago
- › The Dreaded Cake Pop Question... 2 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › Whipped ganache under fondant 3 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › I Give Up 3 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › How Do You Price Gumpaste Flowers? 4 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Would appreciate some cake design help! 4 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › Lilacs 5 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Rolling Tool Caddy by hyperfig
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by glassfish
- › Collections Etc - Cake Batter Dispenser With Measuring Label by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Paramount Crystals 4 oz. by daisybee
- › KitchenAid KSM90WH Ultra Power 300-Watt 4-1/2-Quart Stand Mixer, White by mouna09
- › KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer by melissamc
- › Wilton 409-623 Ultimate Tool Caddy 3-Level Cake-Decorating... by blwilley
- › Agbay Single Cake Leveler by SherylB
- › Breville BEM800XL Scraper Mixer Pro 5-Quart Die-Cast Stand Mixer by QuirkySylvia
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones