I would like to make a stained glass cake but am worried that by painting the cake the people eating it would be left with food coloring on their hands and mouth. Does this happen? I know that when I airbrush cakes this happens.
I'm on my second unit. The first one got ruined when I used THEIR meat grinder attachment. I DID NOT force product down into the grinder, but, later after I disassembled it, I found that the gears...
I purchased The Gum Paste Modeling tool kit for my Wilton Method 4 class and I along with everyone else in my class was very disappointed in the quality. All of the tools had to be sanded down...
I got this wonderful organizer for my birthday (my husband used a coupon) and I was able to tote all my supplies to my Wilton classes easily. I love all the little cubbies and especially the long...
I summed it up in the pros and cons.
We purchased the professional stacker system for a 5 tier cake. It was a blessing! Could not have delivered it put together without it and there wasn't a place to put it together at the venue....
Stained Glass effect
I made this stained glass cake and I used Americolor gel colors but watered down. I'm sure it would've stained their hands and teeth if they ate all the marshmallow fondant but to be honest, I don't think the bride cared. She got the cake she wanted and so I'm assuming that's more important. Plus, I don't like the texture of fondant so I never eat it anyway. I hope that helps ease your mind a little! :) Happy caking!
I made a stained glass window cake by using gel colors and piping gel. It only takes a tiny amount of gel color to color piping gel, so there is no chance of teeth/hands being discolored. Also, the end effect looks just like a stained glass window.
I made one and painted it with Wilton gel colors and lemon extract for most of it. Ran out of extract and used Vodka for the rest. No noticeable difference in how it went on or how it looked. I was present when the cake was cut and eaten. No stains that I noticed. I was worried though. Very vibrant colors outlined in black.
- Stained Glass effect
- › Just wondering...nylon for getting clumps out of royal icing idea 12 minutes ago
- › AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! 14 minutes ago
- › How do I achieve this effect? 38 minutes ago
- › pillsbury bakers plus cake mix 39 minutes ago
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 48 minutes ago
- › Colour fading 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › How can I pull off wedding cake when I am IN the wedding? 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › Real buttercream is bleeding. tips please 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › pink velvet icing? 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › Favourite/Recommended Food Grade Silicone 2 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by DaDa561
- › Wilton 1907-1107 Set of 10 Gum-Paste Modeling Tools with Storage Case by KARichards46
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Rolling Tool Caddy by hyperfig
- › Collections Etc - Cake Batter Dispenser With Measuring Label by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Paramount Crystals 4 oz. by daisybee
- › KitchenAid KSM90WH Ultra Power 300-Watt 4-1/2-Quart Stand Mixer, White by mouna09
- › KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer by melissamc
- › Wilton 409-623 Ultimate Tool Caddy 3-Level Cake-Decorating... by blwilley
- › Agbay Single Cake Leveler by SherylB
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones