I would like to make a stained glass cake but am worried that by painting the cake the people eating it would be left with food coloring on their hands and mouth. Does this happen? I know that when I airbrush cakes this happens.
I summed it up in the pros and cons.
We purchased the professional stacker system for a 5 tier cake. It was a blessing! Could not have delivered it put together without it and there wasn't a place to put it together at the venue....
I have owned a variety of Kitchen -Aid stand mixers, from the small tilt heat to this 6 qt Professional. I still have my smaller mixers which I purchased 10 + years ago and they work...
Since im located in france, i bought it on a french website so it might be a little pricy, i dont know. i cover my cake pops with chocolate and sometimes when i add color the chocolate is not...
Come look at my full review on the Kitchenaid Ultra power on my Blog : mounasreviews.weebly.com Enjoy
Stained Glass effect
I made this stained glass cake and I used Americolor gel colors but watered down. I'm sure it would've stained their hands and teeth if they ate all the marshmallow fondant but to be honest, I don't think the bride cared. She got the cake she wanted and so I'm assuming that's more important. Plus, I don't like the texture of fondant so I never eat it anyway. I hope that helps ease your mind a little! :) Happy caking!
I made a stained glass window cake by using gel colors and piping gel. It only takes a tiny amount of gel color to color piping gel, so there is no chance of teeth/hands being discolored. Also, the end effect looks just like a stained glass window.
I made one and painted it with Wilton gel colors and lemon extract for most of it. Ran out of extract and used Vodka for the rest. No noticeable difference in how it went on or how it looked. I was present when the cake was cut and eaten. No stains that I noticed. I was worried though. Very vibrant colors outlined in black.
- Stained Glass effect
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 1 minute ago
- › Ganache under fondant 12 minutes ago
- › buttercream recipe help 16 minutes ago
- › Really glad this wasn't my disaster 22 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 4/18/14 24 minutes ago
- › gumpaste flowers melting? 25 minutes ago
- › cake pricing help!!! 55 minutes ago
- › Icing cake before doing rosettes for decoration? 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › cake mix and flour 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › Collections Etc - Cake Batter Dispenser With Measuring Label by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by melanie-1221
- › Paramount Crystals 4 oz. by daisybee
- › KitchenAid KSM90WH Ultra Power 300-Watt 4-1/2-Quart Stand Mixer, White by mouna09
- › KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer by melissamc
- › Wilton 409-623 Ultimate Tool Caddy 3-Level Cake-Decorating... by blwilley
- › Agbay Single Cake Leveler by SherylB
- › Breville BEM800XL Scraper Mixer Pro 5-Quart Die-Cast Stand Mixer by QuirkySylvia
- › Dinkydoodle Designs Airbrushing Kit by Debbie white
- › Apple Tea Cake by HappyCake10609
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper by Montrealconfections
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween by Hanielas
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /... by LeanneW
- › Fathers Day Griller by annebelle671
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Halloween cupcake topper by Sweet Janis
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video by MommyMommy
- › How to make chocolate pinecones by costumeczar