I would like to make a stained glass cake but am worried that by painting the cake the people eating it would be left with food coloring on their hands and mouth. Does this happen? I know that when I airbrush cakes this happens.
Bought it a Kohls and got 100$ off plus 20% off plus $40 mail in rebate. So for a first time stand up mixer I was very excited and hoping to have it for 20 years like everyone says. There is a...
I really enjoyed this caddy, with it's many little compartments, places for your tips, & slots for knives on the sides, UNTIL I saw it's BIG MOMMA! The one with the wheels! And the extra big...
I have the large double bladed one and I use it on every cake now! I used to stress out trying to make sure all my layers were level and to the same height for all layers of the cake. The ruler...
This mixer is my workhorse. I make everything in it. Thick glossy meringue buttercreams, ice creams, batters, and bread dough. I bought this when living in the Outback of New South Wales Australia,...
Great machine easy to use, comes with a complete video tutorial. Colour fantastic too.
Stained Glass effect
I made this stained glass cake and I used Americolor gel colors but watered down. I'm sure it would've stained their hands and teeth if they ate all the marshmallow fondant but to be honest, I don't think the bride cared. She got the cake she wanted and so I'm assuming that's more important. Plus, I don't like the texture of fondant so I never eat it anyway. I hope that helps ease your mind a little! :) Happy caking!
I made a stained glass window cake by using gel colors and piping gel. It only takes a tiny amount of gel color to color piping gel, so there is no chance of teeth/hands being discolored. Also, the end effect looks just like a stained glass window.
I made one and painted it with Wilton gel colors and lemon extract for most of it. Ran out of extract and used Vodka for the rest. No noticeable difference in how it went on or how it looked. I was present when the cake was cut and eaten. No stains that I noticed. I was worried though. Very vibrant colors outlined in black.
- Stained Glass effect
- › Candy Melts Monogram 45 seconds ago
- › How long does it take YOU to make a cake? 2 minutes ago
- › Best tasting fondant? 22 minutes ago
- › Best tip and frosting recipe for piping practice 27 minutes ago
- › My Baking Channel :) 28 minutes ago
- › Servings 32 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 35 minutes ago
- › Auxilio!!!!! 37 minutes ago
- › Handy Many cake question 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Little Kids Cookie Frosting? 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer by melissamc
- › Wilton 409-623 Ultimate Tool Caddy 3-Level Cake-Decorating... by blwilley
- › Agbay Single Cake Leveler by SherylB
- › Breville BEM800XL Scraper Mixer Pro 5-Quart Die-Cast Stand Mixer by QuirkySylvia
- › Dinkydoodle Designs Airbrushing Kit by Debbie white
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by glassfish
- › KitchenAid KM25G0XWH Commercial Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer, White by claire donnelly
- › Fondx Rolled Fondant Icing, Virgin White by bundlesofjoy
- › Norpro 3919 Mini Cheesecake Pan by dianadors
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by rowlandjames456
- › Apple Tea Cake by HappyCake10609
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper by Montrealconfections
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween by Hanielas
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /... by BrooksieCakes
- › Fathers Day Griller by annebelle671
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Halloween cupcake topper by Sweet Janis
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video by MommyMommy
- › How to make chocolate pinecones by costumeczar