I would like to make a stained glass cake but am worried that by painting the cake the people eating it would be left with food coloring on their hands and mouth. Does this happen? I know that when I airbrush cakes this happens.
After many stressful trips trying to deliver stacked cakes, I came across the website for cake stackers. With a huge wedding cake order looming, I figured it was the perfect time to try it. I was...
Bought it a Kohls and got 100$ off plus 20% off plus $40 mail in rebate. So for a first time stand up mixer I was very excited and hoping to have it for 20 years like everyone says. There is a...
I really enjoyed this caddy, with it's many little compartments, places for your tips, & slots for knives on the sides, UNTIL I saw it's BIG MOMMA! The one with the wheels! And the extra big...
I have the large double bladed one and I use it on every cake now! I used to stress out trying to make sure all my layers were level and to the same height for all layers of the cake. The ruler...
This mixer is my workhorse. I make everything in it. Thick glossy meringue buttercreams, ice creams, batters, and bread dough. I bought this when living in the Outback of New South Wales Australia,...
Stained Glass effect
I made this stained glass cake and I used Americolor gel colors but watered down. I'm sure it would've stained their hands and teeth if they ate all the marshmallow fondant but to be honest, I don't think the bride cared. She got the cake she wanted and so I'm assuming that's more important. Plus, I don't like the texture of fondant so I never eat it anyway. I hope that helps ease your mind a little! :) Happy caking!
I made a stained glass window cake by using gel colors and piping gel. It only takes a tiny amount of gel color to color piping gel, so there is no chance of teeth/hands being discolored. Also, the end effect looks just like a stained glass window.
I made one and painted it with Wilton gel colors and lemon extract for most of it. Ran out of extract and used Vodka for the rest. No noticeable difference in how it went on or how it looked. I was present when the cake was cut and eaten. No stains that I noticed. I was worried though. Very vibrant colors outlined in black.
- Stained Glass effect
- › Number Cake 8 minutes ago
- › using ribbon on buttercream cakes 20 minutes ago
- › Problem to SMBC 20 minutes ago
- › Flancocho 22 minutes ago
- › Does anyone know a good source to order edible printed wording from? 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Cupcake pop 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › Limited Edition book ADORE 2013 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Does anyone know the name of the lace mold used for this cake? 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › Anyone else had appalling customer service from the cake central... 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › Boxed pound cake for topsy turvy 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › Cake Stackers Support System by Ameeta
- › KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer by melissamc
- › Wilton 409-623 Ultimate Tool Caddy 3-Level Cake-Decorating... by blwilley
- › Agbay Single Cake Leveler by SherylB
- › Breville BEM800XL Scraper Mixer Pro 5-Quart Die-Cast Stand Mixer by QuirkySylvia
- › Dinkydoodle Designs Airbrushing Kit by Debbie white
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by glassfish
- › KitchenAid KM25G0XWH Commercial Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer, White by claire donnelly
- › Fondx Rolled Fondant Icing, Virgin White by bundlesofjoy
- › Norpro 3919 Mini Cheesecake Pan by dianadors
- › Apple Tea Cake by HappyCake10609
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper by Montrealconfections
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween by Hanielas
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /... by BrooksieCakes
- › Fathers Day Griller by annebelle671
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Halloween cupcake topper by Sweet Janis
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video by MommyMommy
- › How to make chocolate pinecones by costumeczar