At Joann Fabrics, I found these almost clear mats meant to use for quilting, but work great for fondant! They don't have any lines, rulers, etc. on them, they're totally smooth, and they've been holding up well. They're kind of a "cloudy" clear color, if that makes sense, and are really inexpensive. I've been hand washing them - haven't tried the dishwasher.
- topicCuttertagged by System, 12/1/12
- productMartha Stewart Crafts 18-by-24-Inch Folding Cutting Mattagged by System, 12/1/12
We purchased the professional stacker system for a 5 tier cake. It was a blessing! Could not have delivered it put together without it and there wasn't a place to put it together at the venue....
I have owned a variety of Kitchen -Aid stand mixers, from the small tilt heat to this 6 qt Professional. I still have my smaller mixers which I purchased 10 + years ago and they work...
Since im located in france, i bought it on a french website so it might be a little pricy, i dont know. i cover my cake pops with chocolate and sometimes when i add color the chocolate is not...
Come look at my full review on the Kitchenaid Ultra power on my Blog : mounasreviews.weebly.com Enjoy
Bought it a Kohls and got 100$ off plus 20% off plus $40 mail in rebate. So for a first time stand up mixer I was very excited and hoping to have it for 20 years like everyone says. There is a...
What's the best thing to use for cutting shapes from fondant using an exacto knife? - Page 2
post #16 of 20
2/20/14 at 7:57am
Cake Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #17 of 20
2/20/14 at 9:27am
post #18 of 20
2/20/14 at 1:10pm
post #19 of 20
2/20/14 at 2:52pm
I wasn't aware that self-healing cutting mats (or floor tiles) were food-safe.
(And hey, how come, on a food-oriented board, we don't have any emoticons for "nauseous" or "definitely not Good Eats"?)
post #20 of 20
2/20/14 at 8:06pm
Oh the drama. Yeah, it wouldn't be good eats to bite a chunk of rubber. Wash it, sanitize it, replace it once you have cut into badly, or it's just "time". Rolling out little decorations on a clean and sanitized surface is perfectly fine in most reasonable adults minds.
- What's the best thing to use for cutting shapes from fondant using an exacto knife?
Cake Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 1625 Active Users (35 Members and 1590 Guests)
- › How to freeze already decorated cake and then thaw? 11 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on this cupcake pricing for my business 16 minutes ago
- › Birch Bark Tree Tutorial 38 minutes ago
- › Goddaughter wants this cake, but doesn't want fondant or modeling... 41 minutes ago
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 45 minutes ago
- › GRR wired calyx fail! 49 minutes ago
- › Mango filling.....YUM! 57 minutes ago
- › Problems piping royal icing with teenie tiny tip 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › What to use for modelling?? 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › cake lace or sugarveil? 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by melanie-1221
- › Paramount Crystals 4 oz. by daisybee
- › KitchenAid KSM90WH Ultra Power 300-Watt 4-1/2-Quart Stand Mixer, White by mouna09
- › KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer by melissamc
- › Wilton 409-623 Ultimate Tool Caddy 3-Level Cake-Decorating... by blwilley
- › Agbay Single Cake Leveler by SherylB
- › Breville BEM800XL Scraper Mixer Pro 5-Quart Die-Cast Stand Mixer by QuirkySylvia
- › Dinkydoodle Designs Airbrushing Kit by Debbie white
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by glassfish
- › Apple Tea Cake by HappyCake10609
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper by Montrealconfections
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween by Hanielas
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /... by LeanneW
- › Fathers Day Griller by annebelle671
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Halloween cupcake topper by Sweet Janis
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video by MommyMommy
- › How to make chocolate pinecones by costumeczar