At Joann Fabrics, I found these almost clear mats meant to use for quilting, but work great for fondant! They don't have any lines, rulers, etc. on them, they're totally smooth, and they've been holding up well. They're kind of a "cloudy" clear color, if that makes sense, and are really inexpensive. I've been hand washing them - haven't tried the dishwasher.
- topicCuttertagged by System, 12/1/12
- productMartha Stewart Crafts 18-by-24-Inch Folding Cutting Mattagged by System, 12/1/12
I'm on my second unit. The first one got ruined when I used THEIR meat grinder attachment. I DID NOT force product down into the grinder, but, later after I disassembled it, I found that the gears...
I purchased The Gum Paste Modeling tool kit for my Wilton Method 4 class and I along with everyone else in my class was very disappointed in the quality. All of the tools had to be sanded down...
I got this wonderful organizer for my birthday (my husband used a coupon) and I was able to tote all my supplies to my Wilton classes easily. I love all the little cubbies and especially the long...
I summed it up in the pros and cons.
We purchased the professional stacker system for a 5 tier cake. It was a blessing! Could not have delivered it put together without it and there wasn't a place to put it together at the venue....
What's the best thing to use for cutting shapes from fondant using an exacto knife? - Page 2
post #16 of 20
2/20/14 at 7:57am
Cake Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #17 of 20
2/20/14 at 9:27am
post #18 of 20
2/20/14 at 1:10pm
post #19 of 20
2/20/14 at 2:52pm
I wasn't aware that self-healing cutting mats (or floor tiles) were food-safe.
(And hey, how come, on a food-oriented board, we don't have any emoticons for "nauseous" or "definitely not Good Eats"?)
post #20 of 20
2/20/14 at 8:06pm
Oh the drama. Yeah, it wouldn't be good eats to bite a chunk of rubber. Wash it, sanitize it, replace it once you have cut into badly, or it's just "time". Rolling out little decorations on a clean and sanitized surface is perfectly fine in most reasonable adults minds.
"I can do that, because this is my sandbox and I've got the bullsh*% shovel." ~Dianne Sylvan, Author and Lunatic
- What's the best thing to use for cutting shapes from fondant using an exacto knife?
Cake Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 1343 Active Users (49 Members and 1294 Guests)
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 5 minutes ago
- › Help! Which fondant should I use?! 6 minutes ago
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 10 minutes ago
- › Freezing a sponge for an "Open" wedding cake? 14 minutes ago
- › Silicon Onlays Molds Stencils and more 20 minutes ago
- › Finding the ultimate cake - I need your help! 36 minutes ago
- › Support, Support, Support????? 42 minutes ago
- › Wrap tight or loose to settle? 59 minutes ago
- › To those that use bubble tea straws 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Freezing ruffle cake?? 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by DaDa561
- › Wilton 1907-1107 Set of 10 Gum-Paste Modeling Tools with Storage Case by KARichards46
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Rolling Tool Caddy by hyperfig
- › Collections Etc - Cake Batter Dispenser With Measuring Label by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Paramount Crystals 4 oz. by daisybee
- › KitchenAid KSM90WH Ultra Power 300-Watt 4-1/2-Quart Stand Mixer, White by mouna09
- › KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer by melissamc
- › Wilton 409-623 Ultimate Tool Caddy 3-Level Cake-Decorating... by blwilley
- › Agbay Single Cake Leveler by SherylB
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones