Hello I was wondering if anyone knows how to make faux cupcakes just for decorating? I want something that looks like real batter and real icing. , and will last quite long to go onto stands for display. Thanks to all
Related Forum Threads
- Michaels cupcake baking wrapper Bad smell Last post on 1/12/13 at 5:19am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcakes vs Tiered cake: Which do you prefer to make? Last post on 12/3/12 at 2:22pm in Cake Decorating
- Sentimental...Maple Bacon Cupcake...Help! Last post on 1/7/13 at 7:53am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcake problems Last post on 12/2/12 at 11:59pm in Cupcakes!
- need some packaging help Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:31pm in Cupcakes!
Christine's Orange Dreamsicle Cupcakes
Edited on 10/24/12
- Key Lime CupcakesEdited on 7/3/12
- Red Velvet CupcakesEdited on 6/26/12
- Coffee Squared CupcakesEdited on 5/16/12
- Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter FrostingEdited on 5/11/12
After burning through 3 hand mixers in 2 years, my husband felt it was time for an upgrade. We got this beauty on sale at Costco (also with a rebate) around christmas. It came with a mixer...
I have used 3 sets of these for many years and wish I had more. Although the newer designs are like 1 board with 3 different "waves" in it...this older model with its design is much...
I always have some of the White in my pantry for those days when the grandkids are over and want to make something. I have many of the other colors...but sometimes the kiddos want to make their...
Part 1 of 2 Custom Cupcake Wrappers are an easy way to add a special touch to a party. I like to use them for baby showers because I can put the name of the family on the wrapper. And no...
I have all of the Wilton molds in this line and love them. Just very lightly dust and go.
faux cupcakes for decoratingpost #1 of 411/26/12 at 8:05pmThread Starterpost #2 of 411/26/12 at 8:26pm
HI, i make mine with GREAT STUFF. It is an insulating foam sealant for gaps & cracks. I do demos at Michaels for Wilton. I make them to take to Ices Convention, etc. I use r/i to decorate or cover them with fondant. You put your c/c liners in muffin pan. Shake the can of great stuff, it has a long tube that you fit on. Then just spray little more(not much) than half full. I let it set over nite and the next morning , i have faux cupcakes. I have been doing this for 7 yrs. It works great for me. hth I have some that i did for a demo from about 5 yrs. ago(halloween and valentine) still looks great. I put them in a cake box(i make c/c holder using foil that i have impressed into the muffin pan) . then i tape the box up good. They keep forever.post #3 of 411/26/12 at 10:34pm
I made some faux cupcakes for my last party. They made out really good. You may give it a try if you like. But first you are going to need a list of things:
- Cupcake liners
- Muffin tins
- Rubber spatula
- Plastic spoon
- Pastry tube
- Beads, glitter and ribbon
- Joint compound
- Acrylic paints
First of all mix up some of the powdered Plaster of Paris in your plastic mixing bowl, stir with spatula and quickly pour into your muffin /cupcake cups.Let it set for 1 hour to harden.
To create icing, you need to get your pastry icing bag ready.Now Take several tablespoons of the joint compound and put into the small plastic bowl. Add several squirts of the acrylic paint color of your choice and stir together and then quickly fill your pastry bag.Pipe icing onto cupcake starting from the outer edge of the cupcake and working towards the center.
Start applying the glitter or beads As soon as possible after icing the cupcakes.
Let them dry for a day and then gladly display your creations on a pretty cupcake stand.
post #4 of 412/1/12 at 6:43pm
- Key Lime Cupcakes
- › Doubling a Wacky Cake recipe ? 2 minutes ago
- › Which is more preferred or popular decorator vs original cream... 2 minutes ago
- › Need ideas for this complicated design 9 minutes ago
- › Smash cakes 9 minutes ago
- › How do I make the lanterns sturdy on this Rapunzel cake? 11 minutes ago
- › Has anyone bought The Art of Royal Icing by Eddie Spence? 14 minutes ago
- › Any tips on how to do this design? 15 minutes ago
- › Tips for all buttercream cake please! 15 minutes ago
- › What do you think? 16 minutes ago
- › Cake flowers 30 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan