Hello I was wondering if anyone knows how to make faux cupcakes just for decorating? I want something that looks like real batter and real icing. , and will last quite long to go onto stands for display. Thanks to all
- topicCupcakestagged by System, 12/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Michaels cupcake baking wrapper Bad smell Last post on 1/12/13 at 5:19am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcakes vs Tiered cake: Which do you prefer to make? Last post on 12/3/12 at 2:22pm in Cake Decorating
- Sentimental...Maple Bacon Cupcake...Help! Last post on 1/7/13 at 7:53am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcake problems Last post on 12/2/12 at 11:59pm in Cupcakes!
- need some packaging help Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:31pm in Cupcakes!
Christine's Orange Dreamsicle Cupcakes
Last edited: 10/24/12
- Key Lime CupcakesLast edited: 7/3/12
- Red Velvet CupcakesLast edited: 6/26/12
- Coffee Squared CupcakesLast edited: 5/16/12
- Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter FrostingLast edited: 5/11/12
After many stressful trips trying to deliver stacked cakes, I came across the website for cake stackers. With a huge wedding cake order looming, I figured it was the perfect time to try it. I was...
Bought it a Kohls and got 100$ off plus 20% off plus $40 mail in rebate. So for a first time stand up mixer I was very excited and hoping to have it for 20 years like everyone says. There is a...
I really enjoyed this caddy, with it's many little compartments, places for your tips, & slots for knives on the sides, UNTIL I saw it's BIG MOMMA! The one with the wheels! And the extra big...
I have the large double bladed one and I use it on every cake now! I used to stress out trying to make sure all my layers were level and to the same height for all layers of the cake. The ruler...
This mixer is my workhorse. I make everything in it. Thick glossy meringue buttercreams, ice creams, batters, and bread dough. I bought this when living in the Outback of New South Wales Australia,...
faux cupcakes for decoratingpost #1 of 411/26/12 at 8:05pmThread Starter
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 411/26/12 at 8:26pm
HI, i make mine with GREAT STUFF. It is an insulating foam sealant for gaps & cracks. I do demos at Michaels for Wilton. I make them to take to Ices Convention, etc. I use r/i to decorate or cover them with fondant. You put your c/c liners in muffin pan. Shake the can of great stuff, it has a long tube that you fit on. Then just spray little more(not much) than half full. I let it set over nite and the next morning , i have faux cupcakes. I have been doing this for 7 yrs. It works great for me. hth I have some that i did for a demo from about 5 yrs. ago(halloween and valentine) still looks great. I put them in a cake box(i make c/c holder using foil that i have impressed into the muffin pan) . then i tape the box up good. They keep forever.post #3 of 411/26/12 at 10:34pm
I made some faux cupcakes for my last party. They made out really good. You may give it a try if you like. But first you are going to need a list of things:
- Cupcake liners
- Muffin tins
- Rubber spatula
- Plastic spoon
- Pastry tube
- Beads, glitter and ribbon
- Joint compound
- Acrylic paints
First of all mix up some of the powdered Plaster of Paris in your plastic mixing bowl, stir with spatula and quickly pour into your muffin /cupcake cups.Let it set for 1 hour to harden.
To create icing, you need to get your pastry icing bag ready.Now Take several tablespoons of the joint compound and put into the small plastic bowl. Add several squirts of the acrylic paint color of your choice and stir together and then quickly fill your pastry bag.Pipe icing onto cupcake starting from the outer edge of the cupcake and working towards the center.
Start applying the glitter or beads As soon as possible after icing the cupcakes.
Let them dry for a day and then gladly display your creations on a pretty cupcake stand.
post #4 of 412/1/12 at 6:43pm
- faux cupcakes for decorating
Cake Central Top Picks
- Key Lime Cupcakes
- › Red roses for an upcomming project 5 minutes ago
- › Jacuzzi cake 49 minutes ago
- › tylose powder 1 hour, 39 minutes ago
- › What does your "starting value" include? 1 hour, 42 minutes ago
- › Sweaty Cupcakes 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › Anyone else had appalling customer service from the cake central... 2 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › New baker questions about substituting?? 3 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › What do you use? 3 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › "Shape 'n Amaze" question 3 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › margarine vs butter in fudge 3 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › Cake Stackers Support System by Ameeta
- › KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer by melissamc
- › Wilton 409-623 Ultimate Tool Caddy 3-Level Cake-Decorating... by blwilley
- › Agbay Single Cake Leveler by SherylB
- › Breville BEM800XL Scraper Mixer Pro 5-Quart Die-Cast Stand Mixer by QuirkySylvia
- › Dinkydoodle Designs Airbrushing Kit by Debbie white
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by glassfish
- › KitchenAid KM25G0XWH Commercial Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer, White by claire donnelly
- › Fondx Rolled Fondant Icing, Virgin White by bundlesofjoy
- › Norpro 3919 Mini Cheesecake Pan by dianadors
- › Apple Tea Cake by HappyCake10609
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper by Montrealconfections
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween by Hanielas
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /... by BrooksieCakes
- › Fathers Day Griller by annebelle671
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Halloween cupcake topper by Sweet Janis
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video by MommyMommy
- › How to make chocolate pinecones by costumeczar