Hello I was wondering if anyone knows how to make faux cupcakes just for decorating? I want something that looks like real batter and real icing. , and will last quite long to go onto stands for display. Thanks to all
- topicCupcakestagged by System, 12/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Michaels cupcake baking wrapper Bad smell Last post on 1/12/13 at 5:19am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcakes vs Tiered cake: Which do you prefer to make? Last post on 12/3/12 at 2:22pm in Cake Decorating
- Sentimental...Maple Bacon Cupcake...Help! Last post on 1/7/13 at 7:53am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcake problems Last post on 12/2/12 at 11:59pm in Cupcakes!
- need some packaging help Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:31pm in Cupcakes!
Christine's Orange Dreamsicle Cupcakes
Last edited: 2/21/14
- Key Lime CupcakesLast edited: 7/3/12
- Red Velvet CupcakesLast edited: 6/26/12
- Coffee Squared CupcakesLast edited: 5/16/12
- Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter FrostingLast edited: 5/11/12
We purchased the professional stacker system for a 5 tier cake. It was a blessing! Could not have delivered it put together without it and there wasn't a place to put it together at the venue....
I have owned a variety of Kitchen -Aid stand mixers, from the small tilt heat to this 6 qt Professional. I still have my smaller mixers which I purchased 10 + years ago and they work...
Since im located in france, i bought it on a french website so it might be a little pricy, i dont know. i cover my cake pops with chocolate and sometimes when i add color the chocolate is not...
Come look at my full review on the Kitchenaid Ultra power on my Blog : mounasreviews.weebly.com Enjoy
Bought it a Kohls and got 100$ off plus 20% off plus $40 mail in rebate. So for a first time stand up mixer I was very excited and hoping to have it for 20 years like everyone says. There is a...
faux cupcakes for decoratingpost #1 of 411/26/12 at 8:05pmThread Starter
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 411/26/12 at 8:26pm
HI, i make mine with GREAT STUFF. It is an insulating foam sealant for gaps & cracks. I do demos at Michaels for Wilton. I make them to take to Ices Convention, etc. I use r/i to decorate or cover them with fondant. You put your c/c liners in muffin pan. Shake the can of great stuff, it has a long tube that you fit on. Then just spray little more(not much) than half full. I let it set over nite and the next morning , i have faux cupcakes. I have been doing this for 7 yrs. It works great for me. hth I have some that i did for a demo from about 5 yrs. ago(halloween and valentine) still looks great. I put them in a cake box(i make c/c holder using foil that i have impressed into the muffin pan) . then i tape the box up good. They keep forever.post #3 of 411/26/12 at 10:34pm
I made some faux cupcakes for my last party. They made out really good. You may give it a try if you like. But first you are going to need a list of things:
- Cupcake liners
- Muffin tins
- Rubber spatula
- Plastic spoon
- Pastry tube
- Beads, glitter and ribbon
- Joint compound
- Acrylic paints
First of all mix up some of the powdered Plaster of Paris in your plastic mixing bowl, stir with spatula and quickly pour into your muffin /cupcake cups.Let it set for 1 hour to harden.
To create icing, you need to get your pastry icing bag ready.Now Take several tablespoons of the joint compound and put into the small plastic bowl. Add several squirts of the acrylic paint color of your choice and stir together and then quickly fill your pastry bag.Pipe icing onto cupcake starting from the outer edge of the cupcake and working towards the center.
Start applying the glitter or beads As soon as possible after icing the cupcakes.
Let them dry for a day and then gladly display your creations on a pretty cupcake stand.
post #4 of 412/1/12 at 6:43pm
- faux cupcakes for decorating
Cake Central Top Picks
- Key Lime Cupcakes
- › For goodness sake!!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Your cake and the inspiration behind the design 9 minutes ago
- › Help and ideeas needed! 10 minutes ago
- › Well THAT was weird.. 13 minutes ago
- › Everything you ever wanted to know about buttercream 15 minutes ago
- › Pouring isomalt into small molds 25 minutes ago
- › Am I charging to little? 25 minutes ago
- › SPS instructions 29 minutes ago
- › Blown away by this customer...I'm at a loss for words, which... 35 minutes ago
- › Hands-Free Fondant Kneading? 56 minutes ago
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by melanie-1221
- › Paramount Crystals 4 oz. by daisybee
- › KitchenAid KSM90WH Ultra Power 300-Watt 4-1/2-Quart Stand Mixer, White by mouna09
- › KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer by melissamc
- › Wilton 409-623 Ultimate Tool Caddy 3-Level Cake-Decorating... by blwilley
- › Agbay Single Cake Leveler by SherylB
- › Breville BEM800XL Scraper Mixer Pro 5-Quart Die-Cast Stand Mixer by QuirkySylvia
- › Dinkydoodle Designs Airbrushing Kit by Debbie white
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by glassfish
- › Apple Tea Cake by HappyCake10609
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper by Montrealconfections
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween by Hanielas
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /... by LeanneW
- › Fathers Day Griller by annebelle671
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween by Hanielas
- › Halloween cupcake topper by Sweet Janis
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video by MommyMommy
- › How to make chocolate pinecones by costumeczar